C H A P T E R 8: secrets

tw: underaged drinking/ non- medical use of marijuana

i stepped out of my room adjusting my shirt.

i heard a wolf whistle come from the couch, and i rolled my eyes.

"look at you, all dolled up,"jj complimented. "do a little spin for me, don't be shy."

i sighed and spun, unamused. he laughed, and i couldn't help but laugh as well.

"alright, let's go before john b kills us," he said, standing up. "already late because somebody was taking forever," he raised his eyebrows teasingly.

"was not! this is your fault, you let me fall asleep and then proceeded to not wake me up so that i had a decent amount of time to get ready" i retorted, following him towards the door.

the blonde pulled it open, allowing me to go first, "oh, so this is my fault," he smirked, amused.

"yes, yes it is."

"whatever you say," he muttered, flicking the lights off and closing the door to the now dark house.

i sauntered down the porch steps, my brother already in the front seat, "i call shotgun!" i cheered.

i turned the front of the twinkie and pulled open the creaky door. i settled into the lumpy cushion of the seat as jj pulled open the sliding door and settled onto the floor, rummaging under the seat for something, which i'm assuming that something is a sandwich bag full of weed.

"j, wait for later," i said, craning my head around the seat as john b set off towards the carrera's.

the boy pouted, "why?"

"because we can have fun without being up in the fucking clouds."

"you sound like pope."

john b snorted.

"hey, pope's a smart guy. besides, there's gonna be a lot of kids there and i don't think they're parents will appreciate the smell of weed," i said.

"fine, but don't think i'm not lighting one as soon as we leave."

"mhm."

"anyways-" john b started. "how much are these tickets?"

"i'm not sure, how much you got?" jj asked, having now settled comfortably in the back.

"uhhhh, i'm not sure. maybe like 30?"

"should be good enough," i shrugged.

"we getting kie first?" jj asked.

"yeah," john b replied, turning left into figure 8 territory.

silence, but it didn't last long.

"we're all going back to the château later, right?"

"mhm," i hummed.

"we got beer at home or will we have to make a pitstop?" jj continued.

"we have some," john b replied. "and some boxed shit if you wanna get fancy."

we turned onto the carrera's street, beach houses lined up perfectly, porch lights glowing among the setting sun's glow.

"it's so nice over here," i blurted.

"no it's not," jj shot.

i rolled my eyes turning in my seat to face him once again, "yes it is, and you know it. you're telling me you wouldn't love to live over here?"

"no, i wouldn't."

i sighed, "whatever, j."

"kook."