•tien

Atelophobia.
The fear of imperfection. The fear of never being good enough.

Harry.

It was Monday again and I decided to pick up Di before heading to the studio.

As soon as we entered the studio she greeted me and darted off to warm up.

We were really early so I took my time with unpacking my music from my bag. I quickly went over everything before taking a cloth from my bag and cleaning the piano from top to bottom. There is a certain thing about cleaning that just calms me completely.

After basically polishing the whole grand piano I decided to head down to the canteen and buy some water. I knew Di would also appreciate some.

When I stepped off the lift I scanned the area. Most of the tables were unoccupied. The few that were, had some of the younger dancers gathered around them.

There was only person in the line in front of me. Katna.

I quietly stand behind her as she talks to the older lady across the counter, not wanting to be 'attacked' by her again (especially without Di here.)

"Three bottles of lime juice." She says with that familiar tone of disgust in her voice.

The lady turns around and grabs three bottles from the fridge. She sets them down on the counter before typing something on the cash register.

"That'll be fi-"

"I said lime. Are you deaf or just stupid?" Katna rudely cuts her off.

My mouth gapes at what I just witnessed. The lady looks shocked as well and slightly scared. I would be too.

"I- I don't know?" She stutters. "What do you mean?"

"This," Katna basically shoves the one bottle in the lady's face, "is lemon juice. I asked for lime." She speaks as if she's speaking to an incoherent child.

The poor lady faces the fridge again and pulls out the correct bottles this time. By the look on her face, it's easy to know that she's not only scared but also sad. It was honestly unnecessary for Katna to react like that instead of just correcting her.

Katna sneers at her and slams some money down on the counter before shoving past me, heading for the elevator.

I stand frozen in shock before I realise that the same old lady is waiting for me to buy whatever.

"I'm sorry for how that girl treated you. I am honestly stunned." I apologise even though I had nothing to do with Katna's outburst. "Are you okay?"

She sighs, shaking her head.

"I'm not okay. I'm used to it. Happens all the time." She shrugs.

There's a familiar sound to her voice but I can't exactly place it.

"What can I get for you, young man?"

"Two still waters please." I smile, "Oh, and a packet of jelly sweets and an apple."

I make sure to give her a small tip and thank her nicely before heading back up stairs.

●○●○●○●

Di.

Dozens of pairs of eyes stare me down. I walk to the middle-back of the floor.

Just a smidge to the right.

Perfect.

I move into the starting position. My eyes meet Madame's impatient eyes. Then they connect with beautiful green eyes that could belong to one person.