•twee

Harry.

Day two of my new job is off to a good start. I arrived 20 minutes early, just in case. Quite a few of the dancers are already here, stretching. I wonder if that is all they do in their free time?

It's a bit warmer in here today, so I shrug off my blazer and roll up my sleeves. I realise that my tattoos peek out on my arms so I roll them down again. Tattoos are not professional and I am.

I take a seat on the floor against the wall. I pull out my phone and scroll through my Facebook for a while to pass time.

Suddenly two pointe shoe clad feet stand in front of me. I look up and my eyes meet those of Di. I sigh and look back down at my phone, not wanting any trouble. Of course she has a different idea.

She surprises me by taking a seat next to me in some sort of frog position. Probably another stretch. I should go research these things so that I can be less hopeless.

"Good morning." She speaks. I look at her dumbfounded.

"Uhh.. G-good morning?" It comes out more like a question.

"Look Harry, I'm sorry about being such a bitch yesterday. Maybe we can start over?" She asks, eyes hopeful. I don't know what to say. Is she joking with me? She probably is. This isn't a good idea. She's bad news.

Unsure of what to say I just stand up and walk to the piano. Maybe if I start playing she won't talk to me? I start one of my pieces, but she still walks over. I keep my head down. I feel as if looking into her eyes might make me change my mind. Like she's some kind of witch.

"Are you okay? Did you hear what I said? I said I'm sorry!" I ignore her and mentally ask her to leave. Why can't I just have the balls to tell her off?

"Fine. Have it your way. I don't need to be friends with losers like you anyway." She rolls her eyes and walk away.

My heart drops. My whole life I have heard similar comments about me.

Harry's such a loser.

Why are you always reading, nerd?

You think you're so smart, but at least I have a life.

Gran always says it's because they are jealous, but what is there to be jealous about? I'm just some awkward boy who plays piano. I hate myself.

-----

The class just ended and once again I'm packing up.

Luckily I don't see any sign of Di. I take the chance and rush out of the door, down the passage to the elevator. Just before the door closes, someone sticks their hand in to stop it. The doors open again and in walks Di.

I sigh and focus on my feet. It's just four floors Harry, not long.

"Harry?" Di quietly says, taking a step closer to me. I look up and frown. What does she have to say this time?

"Are you busy for the rest of the day?" She asks and I cough nervously. Where is she going with this?

"N-no."

"Do you want to grab some lunch? Just as friends. To make up for me being a total bitch? I'll pay." She has that hopeful look in her eyes again.

"Yes." What did I just say? "I mean no. No." I recoil.

"Too late! You already said yes!" She cheers.

Why did I say yes? I can barely look at her without getting heart palpations. She's definitely practicing some type of dark magic.