Chapter 4

Lauren stood up in the middle of the discussion she is having with the girls startling them a little. Her deadline for her report is at 5PM and it is 10 minutes to 5. Although her office is just right across the cafe, she can't risk being late. That is definitely bad for her. She ran out the cafe, her stilettos noisily clicking against the wooden floor and pushed the door open. She swiftly made her way to the street and went inside the embassy. She decided to go visit her office for a while since she have been hanging out at the cafe and have been flirting with a certain good looking and hot staff. She frowned when she saw a brown envelope with something written on it, using a black marker 'MS. JAUREGUI'. She placed the folder on her table and grabbed the envelope, opening it and slipped the things inside and gasped.

"Fuck.." Lauren placed back the things inside and slipped it behind her covering it with her coat making her way to the office, "Good afternoon Mr. Robinson."

"Good afternoon Lauren." He greeted looking over for some file, "Do you have your report now?"

"Yes sir." She smiled and placed the folder on his table and stood there calmly.

"Um.. You haven't received any death threats right?" Mr. Robinson asked worriedly looking up at Lauren.

Lauren pressed her lips into a tight line and shook her head flashing a small smile, "No. Mr. Robinson.."

"That's so good to hear.. It's been almost a month.." He said smiling widely, "Good job.. I'll be reading this later.."

"Yes sir.." Lauren bowed her head slightly before going out.

With a heavy heart, Lauren made it out the office. She doesn't exactly know how to deal with this. She's starting to like a normal guy, she have amazing friends who may be dragged down with her and she can't get herself to realize she's about to die.

She pushed the cafe door open after battling with herself whether or not to tell her friends about it.

"Hey Lo!"

"Luke gave you this." Ally handed her a napkin.

You light up the world like nobody else.

-Luke

Lauren smiled and sat down the sofa glancing at Luke who is smiling at her. She ran her fingers through her hair, the smile never leaving her face until she looked down the envelope she's holding.

"Lo, what's that?" Dinah asked pointing envelope.

"Um.. nothing." Lauren answered shaking her head, "Just a mail sent by my aunt."

"Oh.. What is it?" Ally asked putting her pen down over the papers settled on her lap.

"I don't know.. Maybe something that asks for money." Lauren shrugged and placed the envelope on her lap and placed her laptop on top of it.

She clearly knows 'L' is giving her a warning. Something that tells her, she's almost dying. She watch as her friends were busy with their reports and smiled sadly and looked down her laptop, she will miss them.. As long as that L guy keeps them safe, then she's fine with dying. At least she wouldn't die for no reason. She glanced up at Luke, who is busy entertaining people. She may have grown some feelings for the guy and she doesn't know how everything started.

"Might as well, distant myself to him." She thought and tuck some strand of her hair behind her ear and bit her bottom lip.

Luke frowned as he watch Lauren looking so weird. She seem sad and different, the smile on her face seem forced and he knows something is wrong. He pursed his lips and grabbed a Guilt-Free Indulgence Cake and some napkins writing something on top of it.