Chapter 6

Lauren woke up at the sound of loud chirping of birds from somewhere she haven't figured out yet. She didn't really know birds could be that loud. She slowly opened her eyes to find herself so close to Luke, her head against his shoulder and her arm is right over his chest and their legs are tangled. She slowly detached herself away from Luke, careful not to wake him and sat up the bed. She looked down to find a fluffy slipper just right beside the bed. She didn't know how it got there so she assumed Luke must have prepared earlier for their arrival. She wore it and walked around the cabin, finding something interesting to do.

All she could see outside the room are the a dusty old couch, an old television, a center table in front of the couch, the wooden dining table, wooden chairs , the rust yellow refrigerator and the sink. She honestly think the place needed some serious make over but since she doesn't own the place nor is she close to the owner, she just have to shut up.

"I thought you ran away."

She spun around at the sound of his hoarse voice and saw him standing in there, half naked, his hair in a bit of a mess and he is rubbing his eyes softly as it was still barely open.

"No.." She exhaled the air she never thought she was holding in.

He smiled and walked towards her making her hold her breath unconsciously. She couldn't deny how good he looks after waking up. Luke pulled her for a hug and runs his hand along her back when he felt her suddenly freeze. He isn't out of his mind even though he is still feeling groggy. He just wanted to make her feel safe around him.

"Lauren.. I believe friends can hug each other.." He muttered sleepily, a smile forming across his face when she wrapped her arms awkwardly around him.

"This is weird..." Lauren said laughing slightly as they let go.

"But YOLO." Luke smiled, raising his brow at Lauren playfully.

"Yeah.. YOLO." She chuckled shyly and wrapped her arm around herself as she looked outside the cabin, "It's weird how I never felt this cold back in the city.."

Luke walked over to his bag and pulled out a jacket, "Here.." He handed it over to Lauren who just looked at it. He smiled and went behind her, wrapping the jacket around her, "To make you feel warm.."

A light blush slowly crept it way into Lauren's cheek after his sweet gesture and tuck a hair behind her ear shyly. Luke just smiled at how cute she look and quickly changed his expression, making a straight face as he stared at her, looking down her feet

"Shall we go to the cliff?" He broke the silence between them.

"Yeah.." Lauren nodded her head smiling slightly up at him and followed him outside, "Is it cold outside?"

He looked at her and wore her the helmet smirking at how cute her head looks at the huge helmet he owns, "I just noticed how cute you are with my helmet on."

She blushed yet again, thankful at the helmet she is wearing. She didn't know when she became a blushing mess. All she knew is she only felt like this when she met him and she hates it. She used to be a though little detective but whenever she is with him, she feels like a little teacup puppy. Luke felt proud of himself for what he have been able to do to Lauren, but the effect he have on her isn't enough. He wants more. To make it hurt more.

He climbed up his motorcycle and helped Lauren up like what he have been doing since earlier this morning. The ride to the cliff was short and much more warmer than it had been earlier. When they arrived, Lauren handed Luke his jacket which he just placed on his motorcycle and sat by the cliff, overlooking the vast ocean.

"I never thought our sleep would be that long." Lauren spoke after some moments of silence, just staring across the horizon.

Luke nodded his head, "It is pretty long. I bet you were really tired though."