Chapter 12

True enough, Lauren haven't gotten a chance to see Luke for a good two weeks. They were roving different places to find something relevant. Although Lauren did all her best to go against it. What could they find without any lead? She just also missed Luke so much. He text her sometimes and she could barely answer his calls. It frustrated her how they managed to keep her busy even without proper leads.

"Lauren, focus." Dinah said snapping her out of her thoughts about Luke.

"I am focusing Dinah." Lauren rolled her eyes at her best friend who have been so nosy about her.

"Stop thinking about lover boy." She added teasingly.

Lauren shook her head with a smile on her face, "I am not."

She went over to the police who are checking for finger prints and finding some clues. What am I even doing here? Lauren grabbed her phone from her back pocket and just in time, Luke is calling.

"Hi!" Lauren answered trying to hide the happiness she is feeling.

"It's been so long." Luke sounded weak and she didn't like it, "I miss you."

"I miss you..." She smiled biting down her bottom lip, "I love you..."

"Hmm... Where are you?" He asked evading those three words she have been telling me since the time she gave up her virginity to him.

"Somewhere dusty." She wrinkled her nose as she looked around her team.

Luke chuckled, "I want to see you so bad."

"Me too~" Lauren fought against pouting because her team is around and she have to act being cool and strong.

"May I go there?" He asked again.

"No..." Lauren pursed her lips, "But maybe we could see each other later?"

"Hmm... Sounds like a plan. Where?"

"I don't know. The café?"

"Lauren, I am here most parts of my life." Luke chuckled, "Why would I want to stay here for an hour more?"

"Why not at my place?" Lauren suggested tugging her bottom lip as she looked at her friends who are pretty busy again, "Maybe you could stay the night?"

"Oooohhh... Are you trying to get in my pants Jauregui?" Luke joked.

Lauren giggled quietly, covering her mouth and bit her bottom lip, "No... But, I would be glad to try."

"Oooohhh..." Luke laughed sounding pretty much impressed with her flirting with him, "Now, you trying to turn me on."

"Is it working?" Lauren asked smiling widely.

Luke laughed, "Well yeah, don't expect to be able to walk tomorrow young lady."

"You wouldn't do that to me." She spoke in a baby like voice softly.

"Lauren, what are you doing?" Mr. Robinson asked looking up from the dusty box he is holding, "We are on search."

"Sorry." Lauren apologized biting her bottom lip, "I'll be back in a minute."

She walked out an old garage they are searching. She could hear Luke laughing at the other end making her roll her eyes with a smile struggling to appear on her face.

"Stop laughing idiot."

He laughed louder, "Babe, you are extremely cute."

"Stop that." Lauren smiled running her fingers through her hair, "You know I could get kicked out because of what you are doing right. I could be unemployed right this very moment?"