Chapter 17

Luke gathered everything inside of him to let go of their heated make out. He didn't want to let go but he also doesn't want them to end up having sex on his motorbike. He looked down her slightly open lips as she panted and heavily from the lack of air earlier.

"We have to get going. Stop tempting me." Luke said breaking the silence between them.

She giggled and pecked his lips, "Sorry. You are just really totally irresistible."

"Says who?" Luke raised a brow and caressed her back, "Let's get going."

Lauren nodded her head and sat on the motorbike properly before he climbed on it. She wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him from behind with a huge contented smile plastered on her face. Why wouldn't she be? She is with the man of her life and she's happy around him.

She watched as the birds flew around flying from one tree to another and they couldn't stop chirping like they are two normal children playing. A smile crept on her face. The world is really pretty. She was just too dumb to make her life hard. She used to have a less complicated life. Now that she found the man who managed to take her breath away, she have already volunteered to take the most complicated case.

Luke parked his motorbike in front of a old building that looks like it's going to collapse in a snap of finger. Lauren wondered what they were doing there but she kept it all inside her head as she checked the building. A sign 'OPEN' is hung on the wooden door. Her eyes traveled up the wooden exterior and she couldn't help but get amazed that the building is still standing tall based on how old the wood looks.

"Let's go?" Luke asked resting his hand on her back just above her butt.

Lauren nodded her head and followed his lead. Luke pulled the door open letting her in first before he did. The smell of beer could be inhaled without even trying to inhale too much since it's too strong, and a middle aged lady came in to welcome them with a warm smile.

"Ah. Luke, it's good to know you aren't even late this time." She said making Luke let out a little laugh before she looked at Lauren, "Who is this really beautiful girl with you? Is she your girlfriend?"

Lauren blushed at what she have referred her to. The thought of being Luke's girlfriend just sends a warm feeling inside her. How she wished she could be that.

"She's a really special friend." Luke clarified keeping Lauren close against him, "She's Lauren."

"A special friend you say?" She was pretty surprised with his answer and a teasing smile played on her face, "I bet it wouldn't be long till you can call her your girlfriend then? Am I right pretty lady?" Se chuckled, "It's a pleasure meeting you Lauren. I'm Gemma."

Lauren shook her hands with a warm smile on her face, "It's a pleasure meeting you too Gemma." She giggled shyly as she shook her head, "I don't know about that."

"Alright." She laughed heartily, "The rooftop is ready. You may go now." She said waving towards another door near the back, "Son, you go lead them upstairs."

A young man around his 20's made his way towards the couple but Luke waved his hand dismissively.

"It's okay Johnny. Just carry on serving the costumers, we'll find our way." Luke said in an assuring tone.

"Okay." The lady said, "You have been up there every time. I'm sure it wouldn't get to too boring with a company from an angel."

She playfully winked at Luke as he nodded his head in agreement. Lauren blushed at the unbelievably many compliments she have heard from the same person she have never met once before. They made her way to door earning stares from the drunken men in the place making Lauren totally uncomfortable. She's just wearing a crop top and a tattered mini shorts. If she knew they would be around drunken men, she would've just worn a shirt and a jeans. Luke, who notice the looks Lauren was getting, draped his arm around her waist pulling her closer against him and transfered to the other side where the men are. Lauren internally smiled at his actions making her a blushing mess. She have never felt anything like that before. No one have ever done anything like that to her.