46 - ҭђ︎ἔ ῥʀἔḋᾄҭὄʀ в︎ἔƈὄм︎ἔṩ ҭђ︎ἔ ῥʀἔẏ

TW: MENTION OF RAPE

We killed an innocent man

Lilith stayed quiet the entire ride home, but since the moment we ran out of the church's attic and fled our crime scene, I can see the look on her face.

Guilt.

She feels guilty about what happened. In an attempt to take down the monster in charge, we killed a man. Most likely, an innocent man.

My little devil hasn't uttered a word since our- my mistake. Yes. I've chosen to take all the blame for the wrong life being taken tonight, because I can't stand seeing her like this. She looks pale.

"It wasn't your fault, little devil. It was mine."  I'm sure my volunteering to lift this weight off of her back does nothing to her, because Lilith doesn't even blink. She's got her head down, her eyebrows scrunched together so much that she's got a crease in her forehead, and she hasn't stopped messing with the hem of her leather jacket.

"I'm the one that was keeping track of him and I should've known it wasn't Stanley." We never saw his face tonight, like we had seen it every other night. That never registered in my mind, because it wasn't going to be my first time killing someone with their back turned, and it surely wasn't going to be the last. "This is all my fault, you hear me? Mine," I grab her hands in an attempt to stop her uncontrollable pacing.

"Is that what you think happened?" She finally says and just the sound of her voice gets me. "I didn't kill the wrong person by accident Izanagi, he wanted me to. I don't know when he made us, but he did, and now an innocent man is dead because of it."

Stanley wouldn't have tricked us if I was on my game. I let my guard down. I never do that.

For fuck's sake, I am Blade. I take lives without even blinking. I am a weapon and I can't believe I let some amateur criminal outsmart me.

"This is my fault little devil, and I am going to fix it."

Lilith looks up at me and scrunches her eyebrows. "How?"

"Tonight. Stanley is expecting us to get him when he isn't looking, he's expecting us to do exactly what we did. Hide in the shadows and wait for our chance to get the jump on him. What if we don't do that? What if we do it out in the open? That, he would never expect."

The glint in her eyes gets a chuckle out of me and I smile, "Intriguing, isn't it?"

"Hell yes. You know I love making a scene. When do we start?"