Assistance to Lust

Homelander's POV

         A meeting was called between Ashley, Stan Edgar, and me to discuss someone new coming in. The droned on and on about what role this person would be taking; I got bored listening to the dull conversation. I zoned out, aimlessly spinning my chair back and forth.

         "Homelander, are you listening? This is important. We're talking about your personal assistant," Edgar stated. My ears perked up at "personal assistant", annoyance now souring my mood.

         "Another one? Come on. When are you going to realize I don't need someone catering to my every whim? Besides, they all quit anyway. Something about fearing for their lives. Blah, blah, blah. It's a fucking excuse to me," I said.

         "An excuse? It's all your fault, Homelander. They do something you don't like, and you threaten them, or you end up killing them," he argued.

         "Why bother bringing anyone in then? How do you know they won't run away this time...or die?"

         "You need someone to bring you lunch or anything you require during a daily basis. We can't be here to serve you every day. We've been told she's excellent at her job. We'd like to keep her here and alive. Which is why we're laying down some ground rules," Edgar stated.

         "Oh, great. Rules. I love rules," I grumbled.

         "You will not threaten her life. You will not touch her without permission. You will-,"

         "I'm sorry. I'm not sure I heard correctly. Her? The person you hired is a woman?" I interrupted Ashley. I evidently missed the moment they had said 'she' and it surprised me when they started talking about the rules.

         "You will not interrupt her or us during meetings or while she goes over your itinerary for the day. Yes, she's a woman. Problem?" Stan said. I shook my head.

         "Continue, Ashley,"

         "You will not threaten her friends. You should smile. If you are in a bad mood, do not take it out on her,"

         "What can I do? Nothing?" I snapped.

         "You can treat her with respect and kindness. None of your usual Homelander bullshit,"

         "Great. Got it. Nothing to shame Vought, am I right? Can I go now?"

         "Don't you want to meet her? She arrived 15 minutes early to go over some last-minute paperwork and to see you after this meeting," Ashley stated. I gritted my teeth in a smile.

         "Sure. Bring her in," I answered. Ashley got up and moved to the doors of the conference room and opened them. In walked a petite woman with waist length, dirty blonde hair. Her eyes were a deep, stormy blue. Her lips were full, plush, and pink. I swallowed, already nervous. Why am I nervous? I thought. I got up to approach them, the girl turning those gorgeous eyes to me. 

         "Homelander, this is Charlotte Watson. Charlotte this is Homelander. You get to assist the leader of the Seven," Ashley introduced us.

         "Hi. It's nice to meet you, Charlotte," I said, extending my hand.

         "Charlie, please. Everyone calls me Charlie. Would you mind removing your glove?" she said.

         "Why?"

         "I prefer skin to skin contact when shaking hands,"

         "Oh. Alright," I removed one glove and held out my hand again. She took it, shaking it in a professional manner. The jolt of electricity that went through me caused my body to tense, fighting a combination of nerves and desire. The emptiness I felt when she let got hit me like a train, but I shrugged it off as they went over a few things.