Episode 7 (part 1)

"What am I to tell Lord Vader?"

The question was a burning one. But no flicker of pain crossed the Third Sister's face.

"Tell him what you have already planned to—I failed and therefore should be disposed of as the incompetent lackey that I am."

Reva tried to hide a grimace as pain shot up her side from a terrible wound on her abdomen. The Grand Inquisitor held the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"A simple Jedi—and neither of you could dispose of him—unbelievable!"

Reva's breath was labored more than it usually was. The wound had only augmented the symptoms that she had been experiencing for a long time—her body was failing.

"I had higher hopes for you than this, Sevander." The Grand Inquisitor continued, oblivious to Reva's slightly contorted features. "When I shielded you—when I trained you—I intended for you to be an example of prowess and cunning—of my excellence—but I see any Jedi youngling can outwit you."

"Shall I return to my death or continue my search?" Reva asked coldly after a harrowing moment of silence. The Grand Inquisitor's pale brow furrowed as he looked at her. He contemplated for a moment, his yellow eyes cast down before looking at her again.

"It is unwise—your reckless abandon." He began with a note of what could be mistaken for tenderness. "You act as if you have nothing to lose."

"I've already lost what I had." Reva's clipped words came. The eyes of the Grand Inquisitor narrowed at her suspiciously.

"What is it?" He asked. "Why is this Master Obi-wan Kenobi so important to you?"

Reva stared unblinking at the former Jedi Temple Guard flickering on the hologram in front of her. A smile slowly spread across her lips and her nostrils flared with the deep breath she took.

"If Obi-wan Kenobi is indeed alive as I sense—" Reva began, her voice low. "He will be the last of the Jedi Council to have survived—and the last to die."

The Grand Inquisitor's head tilted up at the mention of the old ring of leaders. Many of them had been assassinated during the Purge—only a few slipping through the cracks. But death found them all in the end.

"We all harbor such hatred for those imposters." The Grand Inquisitor said, hiding his bitterness for them in his own voice. "But your obsession will be your undoing."

Reva glanced out the window, the great planet of Daiyu growing smaller by the second. Then under her breath, she muttered in a tone of relief.

"I hope so."

"Ben Kenobi—that name sounds familiar." Roken said as he sat at his worktable and worked on some repurposed droid. "Ben Kenobi," he muttered to himself.

"I'm not sure why," Kenobi said congenially. He sat near the window, looking out occasionally at the passers-by, ducking whenever he saw the familiar white suits of the stormtrooper patrols. "I've only lived on Tatooine."

"And yet you come all the way to Bakura for a princess." Roken wiped his hands on an oily cloth. Kenobi shrugged his shoulders.

"I was a Hunter before the fall of the Republic. The Senator trusted my services."

"I can imagine he'll pay nicely once he gets his daughter back." Roken rummaged through one of his bins for a spare part. "The Senator from Alderaan is a good man. Many believe that he will lead the reform the Empire needs. It makes sense that his daughter was stolen."

Kenobi turned from the window to look at the shop owner.

"The Senator has made enemies," Roken explained. "He must be careful, or the Empire will punish him."