Episode 9 (part 3)

Reva was flung to the side against the wall before she was buried under a large pile of rocks. Kenobi stared in shock at the figure who emerged from the hallway alone. Kenobi's stomach tightened, and the hair on the back of his neck stood straight up. A cold chill ran through his spine, despite the oppressive heat in his chest. He had never seen the figure before him—but somehow he felt he had known him his entire life.

The black masked figure turned to Kenobi, its eyes carrying with just a hint of red. Its broad shoulders were covered by a black cape that flickered behind him. And a high-pitched vacuum sound pierced the air before exhaling shortly.

Kenobi watched the lights flicker on the figure's chest. It was a machine that stood before him, he was sure, whatever semblance of a man gone long ago.

"Master Obi-wan Kenobi—" the mechanical voice rang out. Kenobi stood still, his eyes growing wider, and his jaw tenser. There was a growing ache in his chest.

"You are surprised to see me?" The machine asked. Kenobi did not offer a response. He was still confused about who this thing was. The figure cackled two or three times, placing his hands on his hips powerfully.

"I have changed from the welp you left for dead on the shores Mustafar—"

Kenobi chest grew tighter, and his breathing almost vanished. The figure extended his gloved hand towards him.

"Ten years I have waited to face you, again, Obi-wan—and this time, you shall not escape me."

It was as if everything disappeared. His stomach—his heart—his mind—all of it sucked into a black void of fear and dread, the one fear that had nagged at the back of his mind for ten years, one that he silenced whenever he felt the very tips of it brush his mind. The fear that he had failed at the one thing that could have saved all the heartache up to that point—the fear that he had not succeeded in killing his young padawan—his fellow Jedi Master—his dearest brother and friend.

"Anakin—"

Kenobi's voice was merely a whisper—a gasp of intense shock and dismay.

Master Qui Gon Jinn's words echoed back to him. "If Anakin can be saved—it will not be by you."

"Anakin—you have become a Monster—my friend—" Kenobi's voice choked as the words tumbled out.

"No—I have become the very thing the Jedi feared I would be—I am not the child you left burning on the shores of Mustafar—Obi-wan—I am more powerful and more skilled than you could ever dream."

There was the faint movement of rock nearby as Reva laboriously climbed out of the rock pile, wheezing from the wounds that now racked her insides. She blinked at them. The figure she knew to be as Darth Vader turned to her.

"Have you come to your senses, Third Sister?" He asked. "Help me destroy this man—and you will be my new apprentice."

Reva's eyes grew wide at the offer. And Kenobi panicked.

"No! You have corrupted enough people in your lifetime!" Kenobi cried with renewed strength as he picked up the sabers that had been dropped by Reva. He charged the black-suited form of his former padawan with such desperation that it took the sith off guard.

Relentlessly, as if he had not torn into his friend enough when they had battled on Mustafar, Kenobi attacked and attacked Darth Vader. Sweat poured off his face, and tears stung at his eyes as he attempted to finish the one job he should not have failed to do.

Darth Vader struggled to the ground, blocking the desperate aggressive attacks with his saber just in time. But Master Obi-wan Kenobi already had the upper hand, and he was not about to let it go.