Sorcerer's Stone- 01

My parents are wizards, I am a witch, and I am traveling with a small giant named Hagrid. This is all a lot to take in, my brain physically hurts from the information. I held my admissions letter in my hand walking side by side with Hagrid, the same letter that caused a beating for me almost every day the past month. The list on here was insane, I mean there are cauldrons and robes and books covering subjects I can't even begin to imagine. 

"Hagrid, can we find all this in London?" I asked him. 

"If you know where to go", he opened the door to a bar filled with strange people. 

"Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" The bartender asked.

"No thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business today. Just helping young Daria here buy her school supplies." Hagrid gestured down to me.

"Daria? Wasn't that the name of the Potter twin?", the bartender asked. Twin? Potter twin?

"The very same" Hagrid laughed. Finally, the bartender looked at me and his face was almost pale. 

"Oh my word, she has finally been found!" he exclaimed causing the bar to look over at us. "Daria Potter has been found!" with his words the entire bar turned into a frenzy. What do they mean I've been found? And they are saying that I'm a twin? There is so much information my heart is racing and my head is spinning, I couldn't hear anyone or anything. The room was starting to shake and the glass was falling off shelves almost like there was an earthquake. Everyone was ducking for cover and without a second thought, I was racing through the crowd and through the back door gasping for air. I felt the rain start pouring out of nowhere and the Thunder was loud. The air, the rain, and the thunder were helping me regain my composure. With every deep breath, I took the rain would lighten up and the thunder would get quieter until finally the skies were clear again and you could hear the busy street.  

"Daria," Hagrid called out. 

"I'm right here", I said walking out of my hiding place. He let out a sigh of relief. 

"I'm sorry about that, I'm sure you have some questions". 

"Hagrid what is going on?" 

"We are going to meet professor Dumbledore. He can answer your questions".

"Hagrid please, nothing makes sense" I started to cry. He pulled me in for a hug the best he could with our size differences. 

"I'm sorry Daria, but we must see Dumbledore first", he pulled back and tapped on the bricks of the back ally. It must have been a spell because they separated to show an entrance to a new ally, one I have never seen before. "Welcome to Diagon Ally, Daria". 

I followed Hagrid as we made turns through the building and busy streets until we came to a door. With a knock, the door opened on its own and we walked in. There was a lady in a green robe there to meet us at the bottom of the staircase.

"This way please" she beckoned. We followed her up the stairs into a living area. There was a white-bearded man standing by the window watching over the busy streets. 

"Ah Hagrid, how was the trip?" He asked not turning to look at us. 

"It went as smooth as possible," he said looking down and giving me a wink. The man finally turned around. 

"Welcome Miss. Potter, I am Albus Dumbledore. Headmaster of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry". He reaches his hand out and gently shook my hand. I just stood there quietly, I wanted answers, no, I needed answers. "Have a seat, can I offer you a lemon drop?" 

"No, thank you, sir."

"I'm sure you have questions", he sat across from me. I just nodded, not sure where to start. "Well, why don't I start at the beginning. 10 years ago there was a very powerful wizard, he terrorized the wizarding world. He believed that only pureblood wizards should be allowed in our world. Your parents, James and Lily Potter, were our strongest fighters against him, The wizard believed they would be his downfall so he tracked them down and killed them, but he didn't stop there. You have a twin brother, Harry, who he tried to kill also. No one had ever survived the wizard until that night".