Sorcerer's Stone- 04

I sat next to Pansy in charms class, it had been a few weeks since that night in the library with Draco. To my surprise, he didn't tell anyone, or at least no one that I knew about. I wasn't avoiding him but I think he was avoiding me. 

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers? Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick" Flitwick instructed. We all mimicked his movements again. "Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then". 

"Wingardium Levio-saa" Draco tried. 

"Wingardrium Leviosar!" I watched Ron fling his wand around madly. 

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar" Hermione corrected him, I laughed with her at him. 

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on".

"Wingardium Leviosa" Hermione's feather floated higher and higher. I got this weird feeling like I had seen this before. Finally, when the class ended I waited for everyone to clear out before I went over and touched Hermione's feather. The moment my fingers touched the feather I felt the same power from touching my wand for the first time and when the sorting hat was placed on my head surged through me. Instead of flashes though it was more like a memory. 

"Help, Help" Hermione cried out, she lay under a lavatory stall and water was spraying around her. Then there was the same bat come flying down at Hermione. 

I snapped out of the trance and looked around, only a moment had passed. It felt like a memory but I am certain this had never happened. 

"Potter?" Draco took me from my thoughts. "What are you doing?" 

"I um..." I didn't know what to say. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I need to go" I pushed past him and went to the library, something was happening to me. I started pulling any books I could find about flashes and images and was so lost in my reading I didn't hear all the commotion around me until Professor Snape put his hand on my shoulder. 

"Miss. Potter did you not hear the announcements to go back to your dormitories?" He was very angry. 

"I am so sorry professor, I must have been so caught up I had no idea". I started to grab my belongings and put the books back. Snape grabbed the last one I was reading from my hands. 

"Divination? Trying to get an early start on third year?" 

"Uh yes, professor". He raised an eyebrow at me but gave the book back allowing me to scurry to my dorm. On my way to my common room, I heard a lot of commotion and looked in the girl's lavatory. Right in front of my eyes was the scene I had seen earlier that day happening in real time. Harry and Ron were throwing debris at a troll trying to attack Hermione. 

"Hey, pea brain!" Ron yelled, the troll barely missed Hermione as she made a run for safety. 

"Ahhh! Help!" She cried. Suddenly Harry was on top of the troll's shoulders. I don't know how it happened, but Harry's wand was in his nose. Without thinking I grabbed my wand and used the last spell I learned. 

"Wingardium Leviosa!" I had control over the troll's bat now. The trio hadn't realized I was there until that moment. I took the opportunity to drop the bat on the troll's head, effectively knocking him out. I didn't wait another moment and just took off running the rest of the way to my dorm. I had seen that happen hours before It did. I had barely made it into my room before Pansy threw herself at me.