14

Loki's POV
I felt completely and utterly terrible about leaving her there where I couldn't protect her. Thor and I waited for Malekith to show up. Eventually, he did. I shoved Jane forward onto the ground and snarled, "I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you a gift! All I ask in return is that you give me a good seat so I can watch Asgard burn!" I used one of my daggers to chop Thor's hand off. (He was so hot in this scene and for what) He screamed in agony.
"Now!" Thor yelled. I lifted the illusion and Thor's hand reappeared as we went after Malekith. Suddenly, Kurse appeared, Malekith's disgusting henchman. I stabbed him through the stomach--but not before he had gotten me. I heard a bloodcurdling scream. Y/n. She had seen everything. She stumbled over. I looked into the eyes of Kurse and Malekith. Malekith was currently vanishing through his own weapon. "See you in Hel, monster," I spat. Kurse collapsed onto the ground as I did a moment later. Thor approached but not before Y/n shoved him out of the way. "No. No, Loki, please," she cried. I saw the tears rolling down her cheeks.
"I have to, love. Just promise me something."
"Anything."
"Remember me."
"I will tell Odin what you did here today."
"I--I didn't do it for him."
Y/n slumped over me and screamed. She kissed my cheek and I heard her say, "I love you most."
Normal POV
"I love you most," I said, kissing Loki's cheek. He closed his eyes. I saw Thor and Jane walk away. "Y/n, we have to go--"
"I need a moment. Please."
"Alright."
They left me, walking towards a cave. As soon as they were out of sight, I felt his chest rise. I bolted upright. "What? Loki--"
"Shh! You can't say anything!"
"What? Why--"
"I had to do this to save Thor. And you."
"Romantic," I said under my breath. Loki rolled his eyes still laying down. "Come on, I'm going to assume the form of a guard and we'll teleport out of here," he whispered. I nodded, taking Loki's hand. We walked in the opposite form of where Jane and Thor had gone and I saw Loki assume the form of a guard. I took his hand and I whispered, "I really thought you died. I was ready--"
"Don't finish that sentence."
I sighed and Loki asked, "Ready? Teleporting is not easy." I nodded and held Loki tight. He took hold of me. In an instant we were back in Asgard. Loki waved his hand, still in guard form and I was another guard. "This will make it more convincing," he smirked. I rolled my eyes and walked with Loki.
We reached the throne room and saw Odin sitting atop the throne. So do tell me, what is the next step?
Darling, sometimes you have to do something called 'improvising'.
I scoffed quietly and saw Loki bow. I did the same thing and heard Odin say, "Rise." Loki rose at the same time I did and he said, "Allfather, a body has been found on Svartalfheim. We believe it is the younger Prince." I heard Odin's breath hitch in his throat and he replied, "Very well. Is it retrievable?"
"No, Allfather. The dark elves have destroyed it."
"Very well. You are dismissed."
Loki and I both nodded and walked off. As soon as we were out of sight, Loki waved his hand. "What did you do?" I asked. "Don't worry about it, darling," he smirked. "Just made our lives a bit better."