:1.4:

After telling Five that she wanted some time alone, Jade wandered the halls once again, coming to a stop in front of Mom's little nook.

She was sitting there, robotic eyes flashing, staring up at all the art as she charged.

Jade's attention was drawn down to the foyer as she heard a rattling noise, and looked down over the railing to see Vanya shaking some pills into her hand. She moved quietly towards the stairs just as Pogo approached.

"Don't waste your time." Vanya said to the butler, sighing. "Diego's right, I shouldn't have come."

"This is your home, and always will be." Pogo insisted. Vanya looked down, biting back the urge to make a remark. "Should I get you a taxi?"

"I already called one, but thanks." A horn honks from outside just as Jade makes it to the top of the stairs. "That's me."

"I hope you know your father loved you, very much." Taking a step forward, Pogo hoped that Vanya could tell how sincere he was. "In his own way."

"Yeah, well that's kind of the problem, isn't it?" Smiling sadly, Vanya caught a glimpse of her sister standing at the top of the stairs. "Take care of yourself. You too, Jade."

"You as well, Miss Vanya." Pogo replied, and Vanya waved a bit at Jade before turning and walking out the door.

Pogo walked to the door to watch her leave, before turning and spotting Jade at the top of the stairs.

"Miss Jade, is everything alright?" He questioned, walking slowly toward her and coming to a stop at the bottom of the stairs. She chewed on her lip as she descended, only so he could see her properly.

"Is there anything we can do to fix Ben's statue?" Her eyes were fixed on the ground as she signed. It wasn't like her to ask favours from Pogo and Mom, normally if she needed something she would find a way to do it herself. But she needed to do this.

"Of course, Miss Jade. I'll call the welder in the morning." Pogo stared at the girl, young again, before nodding. "I've put some fresh snacks and beverages in your hideout. I'm glad you were finally able to be reunited with Number Five."

With that, Pogo walked away, leaving her standing there in the foyer. She let out a breath as he went, tension slipping away. Ben's statue would be fixed. Good.

She didn't take even one step forward before Five blinked into the foyer, causing her to jump.

"Jade! Sorry." He apologized, before twirling the car keys in his hand and giving her a boyish smile. "I'm going to get some coffee, come with me?"

She didn't have to think twice, skipping up next to him and linking her arm with his as they walked through the front doors.

The car ride was quiet. Five couldn't exactly watch her sign when his eyes were on the road. But neither of them minded. Especially after the day they just had.

When they pulled up to Griddy's Doughnuts, Five exited the car first, coming around to the other side to open the door for Jade.

"What a gentleman." She signed as she got out, a silent giggle on her lips. Five rolled his eyes, but he was smiling as well.

They walked in just as someone was walking out, and took a seat at the counter of the empty diner. Just as Five rang the bell, a man walked in, talking a seat directly to his left.

A waitress emerged from the back, and Jade had recognized her from when her and her siblings used to sneak out to get doughnuts. She's aged though, and Jade could no longer say the same.

"Sorry, sink was clogged." The waitress, Agnes, spoke as she wiped her hands on her apron. She addressed the man first, as if the two kids-but-not-kids weren't there. "So, what'll it be?"