:3.3:

The ringing of a bell brought Jade's vision back into focus, and she nearly jumped. She didn't know when she had zoned out, or how long she had been sitting on her windowsill like that. The bell that snapped her out of it sounded far away, and she wondered who else on this block had a bell like the one Mom rang at mealtime. 

Taking a look around her room, she pursed her lips at she realized that some things were out of place. Actually, not just out of place. 

Missing. 

Her mission uniform and domino mask, usually hanging on the back of her door, were nowhere to be seen. She didn't recall asking Mom to fix anything, and there have been no missions lately that would cause them to need cleaning.

A copy of a magazine cover featuring the Umbrella Academy used to be pinned to the corkboard above her desk, but it was gone. In its place was a regular picture of her and her siblings, taken out in the garden. She didn't remember taking that picture, either.

Her own figurine was missing from her desk as well, replaced by a cute pink bunny statue.

As Jade got up to inspect her things, she finally noticed the clothes she was wearing. 

She wasn't wearing her Academy uniform.

She was dressed casually, in a grey henley long-sleeve and a dark blue jean skirt, with black hi-top sneakers on her feet. Taking a look in the mirror, she realized she looked older. Not her actual age, but... She looked exactly how she did when she was 17.

Furrowing her brow, she walked over and opened her closet, only to stare blankly at the collection of colourful clothes, no uniforms in sight. She stood there, staring wordlessly for who knows how long, until a familiar voice broke her out of her trance.

"Jade, didn't you hear the bell? Lunchtime."

When Jade turned around, her breath caught in her throat.

It was Five who stood in the doorway, dressed in a white t-shirt with a blue hoodie overtop, and black jeans. His hair was tousled and messy, not gelled back like Dad always preferred. He looked older too, and it made her chest tighten.

"Jade?"

*

"Jade, you're gonna be alright."

Luther set her down carefully on the surgical table, and looked around the room in a panic. Frantically, he grabbed a towel off of one of the shelves and brought it over, pressing it into her shoulder.

"You're gonna be fine, Jade. Everything's gonna be fine." He panted, wiping some sweat off her forehead with one hand as the other held the towel to her shoulder. "I'll be right back, okay? It's all gonna be okay."

He tucked the ends of the towel under her torso, trying to keep some pressure on her wound, before running off down the hall, yelling for Pogo.

*

"Yeah, I'll be down in a bit" She signed, but somehow, her hands felt awkward. She watched as Five frowned, before chuckling as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"What does that mean?" He looked at her curiously, the dimple in his cheek deepening as he smiled softly. "Did Mom teach you that?"

Jade only blinked.

Five doesn't know sign language?

Her mind began to flood with thoughts, and she didn't even know how to begin to sort them. No uniforms, no sign language, no trace of the Umbrella Academy. She's 17. Five is 17. But she's still Jade, so why-