Chapter 4

Lucy

After the intricate scene between Natsu, I and Lisanna, he lay low from me for a while. By laying low, I mean from the whole guild; but still, he's doing some quest to earn extra jewels. The gossip about Lisanna and Natsu started to spread around the guild. The juicy bees were spreading the rumors about the fire mage and the white haired girl being together. So maybe he decided to stay out of the scene; it's like abstinence in his case.

He handled it well though, until the Christmas break of Magnolia. When the niece of my landlady got a month vacation in here, she was Annika.

Annika is a also a pretty young lady like Lisanna. She has a foreign blood, from the kingdom of Joya, and she really posses this white porcelain skin. Likewise, she has a small pointy nose, and a drop dead gorgeous body like a queen. When she smiles, well it's nothing to do with me but.. to Natsu... it is part of the girl's charm.

Needless to say, she doesn't know how to speak our language, so maybe she feels like she doesn't fit-in in here. She often hangs out alone on the playground near my flat, swinging on the hanging seat and thinking deeply about something.

Of course, Natsu.

Part of his personality was being sociable. Therefore, many girls fall for his stupid words, because he's good at the start and he can maintain the conversation his up to. Language barrier is not an issue for him. I suspect that he can court even a deaf-mute. That's how extensive his talent is.

Natsu is the only one I saw that made Annika smile with her full lips.

After that, I always saw them together. Annika is still on the swing but Natsu is with her this time. I often passed by them especially when I'm going to the mini-grocery nearby.

Natsu is Annika's companion until the end of December. The landlady was very happy, cause at least her niece was interacting with other people. As might be expected, he was not allowed to court the young girl, but what else? They even go to the guild together; introduce her to us and of course, the rumors about Natsu and Lisanna has gone away. A Christmas romance drama.

At a particular but unspecified time in the past, I passed by the playground and I saw again Natsu along with Annika. She was smiling like heaven is down on earth. When she slightly bow to look at her wiggling feet, Natsu gently brushed a strand of hair that covered her face and tucked it behind her ear. I could hardly breathe. Am I having an allergy to the ground? So that's why I really want to tell some scenarios about the development of Natsu and Annika's love story, but I guess, that's the end of the story I could possibly tell. Because since that day, I don't bother to pass through that place again. EVER.

I don't have any communication to them from that they forward. Christmas passed, and also the feast on Magnolia, but the two of them was not visible to the eye. I just don't know if it's just because I seldom go out for a walk or it's not just destined for us to see each other.

Natsu then appeared on December 31, New Year's eve. I'm sitting on my flat's roof with my celestial spirit, the pendulum clock, Horologium; as I wait for him to strike twelve. I hardly noticing the city's colorful fireworks display fill the night. Im hoping, I thought, that they left some lights for the real new year. Around eleven, Natsu was by my side, eating his fire. There's a guava tree planted beside my flat, you can climb up there if you want to get through the roof; well, it's hard to explain.

Were not really talking to each other on the past days of vacation. That's the time we saw and talk again since he was focused on my landlady's niece. I don't know what's the problem but I think I had the idea.

"She's gone." He pretend to offer the information that I didn't even ask but obviously, I really want to know. I didn't bother myself to look at him. I'm still looking up for the city's fireworks. Is Horologium's clock was late? - or they were just advance....