Chapter 5

Mirajane

"Are you sure you want to do this Lucy? I mean missions can get pretty dangerous. Maybe you should bring Natsu with you?" I asked, worriedly.

"Of course. I can't always depend on Natsu to come and save me; he's in critical condition too. I've got to do some missions on my own or I won't ever get stronger."

I sighed. "You know that no one thinks your weak, right?"

"Yes I do, but this is for me. No matter how many times you guys tell me, I won't feel strong unless I do something on my own."

I smiled and Lucy returned it with one of her own. "Alright. Be careful, okay?"

Lucy rolled her eyes and waved goodbye, and called over her shoulder,"I'll be back in a couple days!"

Soon as the doors closed shut, Natsu sat at the counter and looked curiously at the doors. "Where's she going?"

"Mission."

"Without me?"

I nodded,"She wanted to go by herself."

The young dragon slayer shot up from his chair, angrily."By herself? Is she insane? What if she gets hurt or killed?"

"Natsu, she is strong. She can handle herself." I felt slightly hypocritical as I said this since I had been thinking the same thing a couple of moments ago but Lucy had reassured me. But now, I had to reassure Natsu.

"It's not that I don't think she's strong it's just that I would feel better if I was there with her, I mean, we're teammates! We're supposed to go on missions , It's boring without her here." He said pouting and sliding back down into his chair.

I smiled, "It'll be okay. She's only going to be gone for a couple of days."

"Really?"

I nodded and the pink haired boy jumped off from his chair, "Alright! Then I'll go on a mission too in till then!" He said and ran to the mission board. I smiled and giggled to myself. 'I wonder how long it will take for him to realize how he feels about her.' I thought to myself and began to wipe out the dirty cups left over from my guild mates but I couldn't help but have this nagging feeling in gut.

Will Lucy really be okay?

-

Three weeks later. . .

Front doors of the guild slammed open as a grinning Natsu walked confidently in with Happy on his shoulder. Some gave him a sad smile while others didn't even look at him and just stared worriedly at the patterns on the wood table. Natsu and Happy went over to the bar and raised an eyebrow at me.

"What's with everyone?"

I bit my lip, and gave Natsu a sad look, "Why are you giving me that look?"

"Natsu... Do you notice anyone missing?" He glanced around the guild. As far as he could tell, everyone was there except for his blonde teammate.

"Where's Lucy?"

"We don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? She was only supposed to be gone a couple of days. You had to have seen her."