Chapter 2

Lucy

Slowly the outside world invades my senses, and oh my, what an invasion. I am floating, my limbs soft and languid, utterly spent. I'm lying on top of him, my head on his chest, and he smells divine: freshly laundered scale like scarf linen and some expensive sleeveless, gold trimmed, black waist coat and the best, most seductive scent on the planet. . . Natsu. I don't want to move, I don't want to breathe this elixir for eternity. I nuzzle him, wishing I didn't have the barrier of his coat. And as rhyme and reason return to the rest of my body, I stretch my hand out on his chest.

PERVERT LUCY!

My mind yelp. I quickly got up and turn around for a second. Oh. It was just a dream. How could I dream like that? I turned to look at Natsu who is playing rock-paper-scissors with Happy.

"Oh hey, Luigi! Were just waiting for you to wake up. Such a heady coffee huh?"

"Y-Yeah. I guess so..." I stand to make my way out of the flat, I notice my fist, squeezing his burnbook. Yeah. The burnbook. If I could just burn it like it's name, bruh.

"Lucy is drooling a while ago, hihihi." Happy murmurs.

"Yeah, I saw it.. She looks like a spittle dragon." They both chuckled as I turned all the way from my thoughts to face them. "WHAT IS IT? HUH? NATSU?" I emit a shrill, piercing cry of annoyance to him. He quickly jump off the chair and run around as I am after him.

"Spittle vs. Fire!" Happy exclaimed before joined in our fight.

Happy

We boys, especially Lucy, ended up deciding on staying here for the day because were all too tired from brawling each other to walk back to the guild. Lucy and Natsu were sprawled out on the love seat as I was lying peacefully on the floor.

It felt so weird that Lucy's not allowing herself to lean against Natsu and let him hold her. I mean, they're friends ....right?

He'd fallen asleep about an hour ago. She didn't look comfortable though. Her arm was awkwardly framed to his side. She had a natural frown placed on his lips which only made me feel worse.

I tried to force myself to sleep but I couldn't do it. I just didn't feel comfortable. The fact that she couldn't cuddle against Natsu made me want to ask her something.

I quietly got off the floor and tip toes in her bed. If anything, I needed to talk to Lucy. She'd tell me that I wasn't over reacting and that I'm not being stupid by suspecting her that she's in love with Natsu.

"Happy."

Gray

I called as I saw him tiptoeing towards Lucy's bed. Lucy has acquired a simple yet good flat to live in. I look in several directions as I walk, looking closely through the house. I started with the kitchen since it was basically the same room as the receiving and bed room with only an island as a divider between the two.

It was fully stocked with equipment, but there was no food in it at all.

"Hey," Happy rubs his chin with his paws as he contemplates my expression about what I saw. Or perhaps he's just very bored and trying to hide it.