Welcome You Nerds!

July 10th 2022

The brunt walked into the house, "Be careful Fundy!" He shouted as the small ginger child ran inside behind him, "I want the attic!" Tommy, a very loud blonde child yelled running inside behind Wilbur. Wilbur Soot, was 17 turning 18 this year so he bought the cheapest house with his inheritances from his parents both dying which was the worst condition to have a bunch of money from but  it did help with raising a 10 and 5 year old. Wilbur walked to the bedroom he thought could be his and saw Fundy on the ground, "Tuckered yourself out huh?" The child shook their head denying it, "Okay, come on Fundy, I had moved the furniture a few days ago for you two." The ginger got up and followed his dad to the room down the hall from Wilbur's.

Tommy walked around the attic happily smiling and wowing at every little thing, "A spider!" he said with a smile waving to the little spider in a web, "I'm your new roommate! Imma name you shroud aha!!" Tommy exclaimed then heard his name from downstairs, "I'll be back little guy! Coming!!" The blonde climbed down the ladder back down to the others. A pink haired ghost appeared in a mirror reflection, "oh god, a 10 year old? in my attic?" the ghost mumbled and looked around at the boxes he had brought up. "I'll mess with him a lil bit." The ghost thought and opened a box. Tommy came up holding a backpack to see his box open, "Huh?" he looked at the box and dropped the bag and ran towards the box. Tommy smiled brightly, "Will!!! I think the house is haunted!" Tommy exclaimed excitedly looking towards his father, "What makes you say that Tommy?" Wilbur said looking up at the blonde at the top of the ladder, "I left a box closed and came up to it open!" Wilbur smiled and nodded, "Okay Toms" Tommy frowned knowing he was being sarcastic.

Tommy looked back to the box and noticed a slight reflection in a mirror, "Hello? Mr. or Mrs. Ghost?" Tommy said walking towards to the mirror, "Well I'm Tommy!" Tommy said opening one of the boxes next to him and pulled out a raccoon plush, "Hello Bandit, This is my new room!" Tommy held the raccoon plush up and showed it the attic. A lamp fell over scaring Tommy who held tightly onto his plush, "W-what was that?" Tommy whispered looking at the lamp, "Welcome!" a voice faintly said monotone with the slightest bit of emotion in it's voice, "Wilby!!!" Tommy crawled down the ladder to his brother, "Tommy!? Is something wrong?" Wilbur shouted almost dropping a box on his feet, "I heard a voice upstairs!!" Wilbur sighed. Tommy had always had a wild imagination. "It's just your imagination Tommy, do you want me to come up and check?" Tommy nodded ignoring his father's first part, "Fine." Wilbur put the box down and followed Tommy up the ladder, "God its dusty up here." Wilbur said followed by a line of coughs and swatting the air, "I heard it say 'Welcome!'" Tommy said throwing his arms in the air, "Really?" Wilbur said sitting down looking at the dusty attic. "Boo!"

Wilbur looked towards Tommy, "Very funny Tommy, you can't scare me by saying Boo." Wilbur turned to his eldest son and saw him staring at Wilbur or behind him. "That!!" Wilbur looked over where his son was looking at, "There's nothing there," Wilbur sighed rubbing his forehead "I'm going back to unpacking the kitchen Tommy" Wilbur climbed down the ladder leaving Tommy in the attic.

"Welcome nerd!!" Tommy jumped and turned around to see a man with long pink hair in a pair of ....pajamas? "Your a ghost!" Tommy exclaimed to the ghost, "What's your name!!??" Tommy excitedly said his eyes full of stars. The ghost stared at him, "Your not... scared?" Tommy shook his head, "At first I was but your not scary! Your just a cuddly ghost!" The ghost cocked its head, "cuddly?" it strained out and shuddered, "Say... Are you any good at charades kid?" Tommy nodded "It's one of my favorite games to play with Fundy and Wilby!", "Perfecto." The ghost whispered smiling.

"Let's play a game of charades kid for you to guess my name!" Tommy nodded, the ghost smiled and pointed to a car outside, "Car? Your name is car?" The ghost sighed and slapped its head, "No! its a electric car! or a tech...." It stopped halfway letting Tommy guess. "Techie!" Tommy squealed, "So close kid." the ghost strained, "Techno?" The ghost nodded, "Yes! but the second part of my name is... hmm hold on!" the ghost disappeared as Tommy patiently waited. The ghost appeared again failing to hide something behind its back, "This is the second part of my name kid!" Tommy nodded, "Alright, guess!" the ghost revealed the sharp pointy item, "Oh that's Wilbur's blade!!" Tommy said with a smile, "So your name is Techno- Blade?" The ghost nodded, "Nice to meet you Technoblade!" Tommy said smiling to the ghost, "Pleasure to meet you kid." the ghost chuckled as it's eyes glistened a red flash. Techno was never really a big fan of kids but something about Tommy was oddly nice, "I'm To—" "Tommy, I heard earlier. Your brother seems like he doesn't believe in me though so what if we scare him?" Tommy laughed, "He's not my brother! He's my dad Techie!" Techno groaned, "My name is not Techie. It's Technoblade or Techno." Techno stated resisting the urge to slap the child over a dumb nickname.

"What do you wanna do now?" Tommy asked looking up at the ghost, "Uh yeah I'm not your best friend kid." Tommy laughed "Of course your not! Tubbo is my best friend!" Techno nodded and disappeared. Tommy looked around, "Aw man, well I guess I do have to get my clothes into the dresser." He said looking back at his partially furnished room, having only his dresser set up. "But before I do that, Imma go bother dad!" He thought and rushed down the ladder to his father's room. Wilbur was finishing up Fundy's room helping put up some art work from the old house "Dad, where's my bed?" He asked. Wilbur paused and zoned out for a second before having the answer, "Down the hall in what I was going to give you as a room, I can have it upstairs in the attic tomorrow when Schlatt comes by to help with furniture." Tommy smiled brightly. Schlatt was his best friend's dad which meant that he'd get to see Tubbo!

"Oh okay!!" Tommy exclaimed running to the room Wilbur mentioned, "I am tired from that long drive here... I'll just take a little nap!" Tommy thought and hopped into his bed getting all comfy under his blankets and holding onto a pillow as he drifted off to a nap.

Word Count: 1152