Total Eclipse of the heart

"That's nonsense!" Nathalie protested after Gabriel had finished talking.
"How else are you going to explain it?" the man contradicted her.
"Certainly not with this nonsense. You must be wrong!"
Things were still tense between the two. But at least they managed to communicate normally again without yelling at each other after every second sentence.
"I don't know.." Celine joined the conversation "It's strange and doesn't make any sense. But Gabriel has facts on his side."
"Or he's just wrong. Why would Tyler throw me off the building just to try to revive me afterwards?"
"Perhaps out of regret?"
"...Sure. Between the time he set the building on fire and making me fall 3 floors down, his conscience must have kicked in to tell him it was probably a shit idea." the woman protested, crossing her arms over her chest.
"I also understand that it doesn't seem logical, or make sense." Gabriel tried again "But it's just as illogical when you calculate your chances.
I was way too slow. By the time the guy used his powers and me getting to the building, it must have been another 7 minutes. It was ablaze when I was there. I've had trouble finding you at all. And when it comes to resuscitation, every minute counts." the man explained before he paused and stretched out his hand, "but look at yourself. Here you are now. And the nurses love me because I supposedly saved your life with my constant resuscitation. So how do you explain that?"
Nathalie then gave a low grumble, and with a blink of an eye she turned her head away from Gabriel.
"If I may say something about that," Gabriel's jacket pocket squeaked again, "I think it could be because of the Miraculous he's wearing."
"What makes you think that?" Celine asked curiously, who had now took up Nathalie's place in the conversation.
Annoyed, Gabriel opened the jacket to reveal the little kwami again.
"Let me explain. My Miraculous was one of the few the master found before finally finding the one he uses today. So I first met him when he activated my brooch. And maybe it was because that he was younger, but he was very different. More warm-hearted. More excited."
"Was there anyone else with him?" Nathalie asked, joined the conversation again
"A woman."
"Amalia.." the woman mumbled softly "How has he changed?"
"I wasn't allowed to be out of my miraculous for too long. But when he summoned me the second time, he had turned 180 degrees and become the man he is today. He also wore the Raven's Miraculous for the first time back then."
"Hm..." Thoughtfully, Nathalie raised her fingers to her face. Had Tyler really changed so much after his wife's death that he had turned 180 degrees? Or was there something more to it.. It still wouldn't explain what Gabriel insisted on.
"What can you tell me about his Miraculous?"
"the on of the Raven?"
"Exactly."
"Not much... on the one hand because not much has been handed down and on the other hand because there are still many secrets entwined around this miraculous. I also wasn't allowed to roam freely."
"Tell me everything you know," she demanded while grabbing a pen and paper.
"The reason for the miracle through which it came into the world is unknown. For a long time it was rumored that it was born from a strong negative feeling. Over the centuries, the mere existence of this miracle was also doubted, but many myths and stories grew up about this. Supposedly it had the powers to bestow great power on its wearer. But it was also said to control the possessor and ultimately drive him insane. This has never been confirmed. And after all, there were also the countless wars over and with Miraculouse."
"In the end you know that you don't know anything about this Miraculous...." Nathalie sighed, disappointed.
"I'm afraid so. All I know is that the Miraculous' kwami goes by the name of 'Zeroo'."
"Ah, wonderful...."
"I don't know if his Miraculous powers are particularly strong by the standards, but at least we can say for sure it has something to do with emotions and that he can even control kwamis." Gabriel explained "After all, he didn't just take Duusu away from you that day, he also used the powers directly on you."
"Yeah right! When you put him through the wringer! He got really pale. I remember." Celine gasped, slamming a fist into her hand. "If he can control people based on his emotions, that would explain why you were acting so strangely when he tried to escape."
".. quite possible.. But I'm afraid I hardly remember it." She quickly turned her head to Gabriel "Do you remember how he controlled you?"
"I don't remember much.. but I do know that I was sitting in my room wondering how to deal with Adrien now that he found out I'm Hawk Moth. And then all of a sudden everything went black."
"In any case, 'emotion' seems to be the keyword. What else do we have?"
"His Miraculous will be the stud on his ear." the woman said, raising her finger to point to the spot. "I recognized it when I fought him. And I almost managed to snatch it from him in the fire in the building. But only almost."
"Then there's really only one question left to answer - does he control the Miraculous or does it control him?"
"Hard to say.... I know him from before, but his demeanor has changed so drastically.. I mean, I didn't even recognize him anymore..."
"But we can test that."
"how so?"
"We just confront him."
"Are you completely insane?" Nathalie exclaimed angrily, "He'll deal with you and your lack of combat experience immediately! And who says he's not after your Miraculous, too!"
"And then what's your plan?"
"Well, definitely not that you confront him." Nathalie laboriously sat down on the edge of the bed. "Give me your Miraculous."
"Pardon?"
"I'll do it. At least I know how to defend myself."
"In your condition, your combat experience isn't going to help you either. You're far too weak!" Gabriel tried to hold her back. He quickly placed his hands on her shoulders. A look from Nathalie, however, made him withdraw it quickly. And so he just added, "I'm just saying. You should rest.."
"I have to agree with him. You are far too weak." Celine also tried to dissuade her from the idea. But she too was silenced by a look from Nathalie.
"We can't let him go alone though. What if Tyler controls him again. That would be a disaster. Because unlike last time, this time we don't have anyone to stop him." Nathalie breathed out with a sarcastic undertone. The thought of having to fight alone again against a Tyler controlled Hawk Moth was enough to make her shudder. Not because it was so tiring. Hawk Moth wasn't exactly the biggest challenge. Much more because his Miraculous was the only one they had left. And if they wanted to stand a chance against this man to save Duusu as well, they needed the jewel.
"I think you should go together" Celine spoke while all eyes focused on her. "I think above all you need time to be able to talk alone."