042,

EPISODE SIXthe dive

EPISODE SIX
the dive.

EVERYONE WAS sat in the car, on their way to eddie's as robin spoke up, "not to be a wimp, but can i sit in the car? 'cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

nova turned down the volume on her mixtape amd fiddled with the sleeve of lucas' jacket he had practically forced her to wear as she listening to nancy and robin talk.

"it'll be fine." nancy replied to robin, robin huffed. "i just can't stand to see those dull eyes of eddie's break again. i really, really can't." she mumbled.

"at least he can drink himself into feeling better." steve shrugged from in the boot with dustin and max.

"that's what our mom does." max spoke up as the group looked at nova and max with sympathy, nova just looked out of the window, feeling uncomfortable under everyone's gaze, not seeing the look lucas gave her.

"why don't we give it a trial? 'hey, eddie. uh, good news first this time. we got you some dustin-approved junk food and that six pack you requested! oh yeah, and we found vecna. only the bad news is he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, and the gates closed so we have no way of getting to him! so basically, you're screwed. and no, i know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed'!" robin rambled as they all sighed at her .

"woah, hey, hey. maybe we don't put it like that." lucas spoke up, nancy nodded, " 'we're one step closer to finding vecna.' that's what we say. that's what's important."

lucas looked over at nova who had been quiet for a while. her eyes were closed and she was frowning slightly. she wasn't asleep, but he knew something was wrong. "hey." he tapped her, she opened one eye and looked at him.

"...are you okay?" he asked. "yes." she lied

nova hadn't said it yet, but she could still feel him. vecna. he was still watching her every move. she wasn't safe yet, and she hadn't fully escaped him. she just hoped they found a way to kill him soon, because she had a really terrible feeling about it all.

"oh shit." nancy suddenly spoke as they all looked at her and then to where she was looking. cops and hundreds of people were outside reefer rick's house as they all quickly got out.

"c'mon. this way." nancy told them as they hid behind a van.

"—reporting a homicide here on the lake." they all shared a look, "officer callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. we made our way to the shore of lovers lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. it was there that we found the victim, an eighteen year old senior from hawkins high, patrick mckinney."