Suspicious Minds IV: Elvis Presley

Request: Kennedy!reader x Elvis type thing where reader doesn't wanna be in the political spotlight like their parents so they run away to Hollywood and become a dancer under a fake name and they end up dancing for Elvis' comeback show and they're there when it's announced that their dad (Bobby Kennedy) has been assassinated

Numbness. Guilt. Regret. Heartache. was the only thing that you were feeling right now as you watched as images of your father with the bullet hole in his chest flash across the screen as the reports kept coming in about what happened. 

"We're ready on set." A stagehand said walking into the room as a reminder that you guys were in fact in the middle of something before your dad was killed. 

One by one everyone started leaving some giving you condolences, others just quietly leaving wanting to give you some time to process what had happened. You quietly removed yourself from Elvis's hold, knowing he was needed on set no matter how much you wanted him to stay here and hold you. 

You stood there thinking about your mother crying alone and drinking her pain away, you thought about your siblings grieving not only losing your father but you as well. Everything became too much that you darted out of the room in search of some fresh air or something, you were halfway down the hall when you felt a hand grab your wrist.

"Baby look at me, you need to breathe." He said as you slid down the wall behind you and kneeled in front of you. 

"Focus on me, baby." He said cupping your face and making you look into his beautiful blue eyes and after a few minutes, you felt your breathing going back to normal.

"I never got to say goodbye, never got to apologize for leaving, for abandoning him and my family." You said as more tears slid down your face. 

"Hey hey look at me, your daddy loved you no matter what even when you left home and became your own person, so don't doubt for a second that he didn't love you, and whatever you do from this point forward I will always be here for you no matter what happens." He said wiping your tears with his thumbs.

"I don't want to leave you especially after I just got you back but I need to go home and be them, it would be wrong for them to sit there by themselves mourning." You said looking at him trying to figure out what you should do. 

"If you choose to go be with your family, that means nothing would change between us, I will still love you as I do now. But should you decide to go be with them, I want you to promise me that you won't let them change you and that you will continue to be this beautiful, smart, and independent woman you've worked so hard to become." He said. 

"Elvis.." The stagehand said stopping once he saw you two. 

"I promise Elvis. As long as you promise not to let the Colonel change you while I'm gone." You said to him as he helped you up off the ground. 

"I promise. I love you so much Darlin'." He said placing a kiss on your lips.

"I love you so much Elvis." You said to him as you two pulled apart and as he slowly let go of you. 

It had been almost two weeks since you returned back home, and where you learned that your dad had been keeping tabs on you all these years and letting you be happy out of the spotlight meanwhile your mother made you feel like you were the worst person ever and put you under house arrest not allowing you to leave.  You wrote letters to Elvis every day waiting for the perfect chance to mail them but for now, they were kept in a secret place in your room where no one could find them. 

"Go away." You said as you heard someone knocking on the door. 

"Is that any way to talk to your best friend?" Your friend said stepping inside your room and making you look at her in shock.