mews

~trap~

"right now?" i asked. "well yeah, maybe in like an hour," steve said. "uhm yeah, yeah i am," i said. "mews! where are you?" claudia said. "yeah you can come to my house in like an hour, that work?" i said. "perfect, see you then," he said. "okay, bye," i hung up the phone and turned to claudia. "you can't find mews?" i asked. "i haven't seen him all morning," she said. i heard dustin fall and i looked towards his room.

"why don't you go ask around the neighborhood, maybe someone's seen him," i said. "good idea," she said and walked out. i walked to dustin's room and saw dart eating mews. "WHAT THE FUC-," "SHUSH," dustin yelled and covered my mouth. "MEWS. DART. WHAT?" i said. "SHUT. UP." he said. i took a breath and he slammed his door shut. "we need to trap him, he's a baby demogorgan, follow my lead," he said.

the next thing i knew is i was wearing pillows, a helmet, and knee pads. "i did not sign up for this," i sighed. we laid ham out leading a trail to the cellar and once we saw dart we ran to the shed. he was about to go in when he turned our way. "oh shit," we said in unison. dustin ran out with his hockey stick and hit it into the cellar and we closed it. "sorry buddy, you ate my cat," he said. we walked back to the front door and steve was pulling up. "oh come on," i said. he walked up to us as i took off my helmet and just laughed. "what the hell are you guys doing?" he laughed.

"long story short," dustin said. "dustin found a baby demogorgan and it ate our cat so we hit it into a cellar and now we have to bury our cat and clean the blood," i said. "what?" he asked. "just, come inside," i said. he followed us and i took off all the padding. i grabbed the lysol disinfectant spray, carpet cleaner, and a handful of rags. "go get a shovel dust," i said. "yes ma'am," he said. "how does he always get into these situations?" steve asked. "i don't know," i said. "i can't believe stuff like this actually has happened, i thought he was making it up when he told me," i said as i walked into dustin's room. i plugged my nose and looked at the now dead cat on the ground.

dustin walked in with the shovel and handed it to me. i dropped the cleaning supplies on his bed and put mews on the shovel. "clean the stain and try and get ahold of the others," i said. "wanna help me bury my cat?" i asked steve. "i guess so," he shrugged. we walked near the cellar and i set mews to the side and dug a hole. "here i can bury him," steve said. "thanks," i said. when we walked back into the house dustin was putting the cleaning supplies away.

"we need a plan," i said. "you still have that baseball bat?" dustin asked steve. "what?" he said. "with the nails," he replied. "yeah why?" he said. "we need to go check on dart," he said. "can i change first? i'm in my pajamas," i said. "go! run!" dustin said and i ran in my room and put on jeans and a baggy shirt. i got my converse and brushed my teeth while i ran out of the room and i spit it out when i was outside. "this is disgusting," i said. i put my hair in a messy bun as we ran over to the cellar and steve had his bat ready.

"i don't hear anything," steve said. "he's in there," dustin said. "you go down there we'll stay up here," dustin said and i nodded. "or i can give you the bat and you can go down," steve said. "give it to me," i said and grabbed the bat. i opened the cellar and started walking down but steve took the bat from me. we walked down slowly and cautiously. i thought i heard dart and grabbed steve's hand.

we looked at each other and back down. once we got down there steve turned on the light and all we saw was darts skin. "steve, blake, what's going on down there?" dustin said. steve shined his flashlight up there. "get down here," he said and dustin walked down. "oh shit," he said. steve shined his light at the hole dart went through and we all looked in it. "oh shit," he said again. "no way," he whispered.

we went to steve's car and started getting everything we need to try and lure dart to us. "dustin! this is lucas do you copy? dustin!" lucas said. "well well well look who it is," dustin said. "sorry man my stupid sister turned it off," he said. "well while you were having sister problems, dart grew again, he escaped and i'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgan," he replied. "wait what?" lucas asked. "i'll explain later, meet me blake and steve at the old junkyard," he said. "steve? blake?" he asked. "bring your binoculars and wrist rockets," dustin added. "steve harrington?!" lucas asked. "just be there stat, over and out," dustin said and we started walking.

"jesus i didn't think this would be my life when i moved back here," i said. "welcome back to hawkins," steve said. i laughed and threw more cow at the ground as dustin started telling us about the girl he was crushing on. "dustin......you aren't talking about max are you?" i smirked. "shut up," he said. "her names max?" steve asked. "yeah," dustin said. "how do you know her blake?" he asked. "she's billy's step-sister," i said. "oh," he said and nodded. "well if she's related to billy be careful henderson,"

"max is nothing like billy, don't worry, she's sweet, sarcastic, but sweet," i said. "she's a good kid, and was always there for me when i needed her, so you better do the same for her okay?" i said. "okay," dustin said. "i wish i could steal her and make her my sister," i said. they both laughed and we kept walking.