Chapter 1

It was just a normal day at school. Same old people. Same old classes. But that day in particular, there was a new guy in class. I was pretty excited and when I saw his face, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Leonardo. I have heard about him. Star football player in the school across the city. I have been wanting to meet him.

I'm not a football type of person, cause I play basketball. I'm basically the basketball star in the state. Shortest basketball player in the state with the most dunks. You wouldn't believe me unless you've read the newspapers.

"Class. You probably already know, but this is Leonardo Monkato. He will be joining our school today, " Mrs. Lana said to our class cheerfully, "He is-was the star football player against our rivaling school- What is it Gwen?"

Gwen was a small little child. Even though she seemed like a sweet, innocent little girl, she has caused many problems in this class. Then blamed it on somebody else.

"I was going to ask Leonardo if we can call him Leo. Leonardo can be so difficult to say over and over again!" Gwen was also the head cheerleader. She was peppy, sometimes to get on peoples good side, or just when she was plain hyper.

In 8th grade she was banned from caffeine, because of a panic attack. I was worried sick, being she was my best friend. We used to date then I figured something out about myself...

I was gay. Nobody, but Gwen and my brother, Mikey, knew.

I heard the deep voice of Leonardo, "Yes. Leo is perfectly fine, Gwen."

"Otay! Good!" She giggled as Leo chuckled.

"Leo, you are going to be seated by Gwen! What a coincidence!" Mrs. Lana laughed, "This is home room. Where you will go every morning."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lana," Leo smiled and carried his bag and sat next to Gwen. They almost immediately started talking, Gwen looking at what classes that Leo has then laughing when they figured out they had the same classes.

Gwen is in band though... I guess Leo must play an instrument.

"Raph!" My best friend, Donnie, yelled in my ear.

I yelped, covering my ear, "Ow! Couldn't have punched me in the shoulder?!"

"Oh sorry," He punched my shoulder, "Is that better?"

I didn't flinch, just looked at him with a '-_-' type of face.

"Wow, just wow." I said and looked toward the front of the room, but Gwen's small giggle caught me off guard.

I rolled my eyes at the sight, Gwen was poking Leo's arm. Leo was just smiling at her, chuckling.

"You have a really nice figure," I heard Leo say, "A lot of the girls at my old school always either were twigs, had no figure, had a flat butt, or had disgusting thigh gaps. You, on the other hand, are nice looking. And you don't use ten pounds of makeup! And you said you're the head cheerleader?"

"Yep!" Gwen said gleefully, smiling, "But I don't think my figure is THAT great..."

Always so modest.

"Come on, don't be so modest! You should take a compliment from the new guy! Do you cheer for basketball or football?" He said back.

"Both! I used to play basketball, but stuck with cheer." I didn't realize the look I was giving her, until she looked my way and gave me a questioning look.

She was about to walk over to me when the bell rang for chemistry.

Well, I guess I got a little competition for Leo's eyes.

So far:

Gwen: 1
Raph: 0

Pretty amazing right? I just have to step up my game. It should be easy...