Chapter 6

You know, it's the next day.

My arm hurts like a mother fucker.

I'm walking to lunch, a grumpy look on my face, ignoring everybody, and being annoyed by girls trying to suck up to me asking if I'm okay.

I just kept to myself, having a peaceful moment of silence until Gwen's voice filled my ears, "Raphie? Is your arm okay?"

She used my childhood nickname that I absolutely hated.

"Oh yeah. It feels amazing." I flinched in pain as Leo poked it.

"Doesn't seem like its okay, Raphael." Leo just looked at me, eyes narrowed.

"It's fine. I just have a bruise." I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt, but my arm is definitely not a bruise.

It's purple all over the broken part of the arm and my arm is pretty swollen. The shirt is baggy so you can't really tell.

"Bullshit Raph." Gwen glared at me for lying.

I sighed, rubbing my face with my good arm.

Gwen's face changed into one of pain, eyes glossing over with tears.

"I-I have to go..." She said, walking past me and heading towards the lunchroom.

I just groaned, hating myself, because she gets that way when I lie to her. And I hate seeing her cry.

"I'm such a fuck up..." I said to myself, looking in the direction Gwen walked in.

"What even just happened?" Leo asked, scaring me.

"Gwen knows when I lie... And she gets hurt and cries... Oh God how I hate it when she cries..." I was frowning deeply.

Leo just stared at me, smiling a bit, "You really do care about her, huh?"

I blushed a bit, Leo finding my soft spot so easily, nodding hesitantly, "We've been friends forever... I just wish that I could quit making her cry..."

Leo smiled wryly at my words, "When do you plan on going and apologizing to her?"

"I always do it when I feel she is ready. She likes to be alone when she's sad so I leave her be until the time is right." I look at him, not faltering beneath his gaze.

Leo's smile softened, "You know her better than I do, I can respect that."

I started walking but Leo stopped me.

"Let me walk with you." He caught up with me, smiling.

We continued walking.

We ended up walking past a table where Gwen was with Jade, singing her a bad song she showed me.

I just laughed to myself, embarrassed that she still is singing that, "I can't believe... Why would there be a song like that?"

"What song?" Leo asked, confused.

"M.I.L.F by Fergie." I shook my head, chuckling a bit.

Leo just looked at me, "Is it about a mother with kids or...?"

"I guess she just got that M.I.L.F. money." I rubbed my face a bit.

Leo thought then finally came to realize what the song was talking about, "Oh..."

He covered his face, "Sorry, I'm slow..."

"Do you even know what M.I.L.F. stands for?" I looked at him.

Leo shakes his head, "Do I want to?"

"I'll tell you anyways.." I held back a laugh, knowing his reaction was going to be priceless.

"... Okay." Leo looked at me, curious.

"Mothers I Like To Fuck." I was right. His face went bright red and he covered his face, I just laughed at him.

"The music video to that song definitely isn't better..." I chuckled nervously.

"You actually watched it?!" Leo was dumbfounded.

"With a friend like Gwen, I was forced to watch it." I rubbed the back of my neck, avoiding eye contact.

Leo and I found a spot at the long table that many high schoolers were seated at. We both sat across from eachother and ate our lunches, making some small talk.

I noticed Gwen walking by. She was wearing her usual yoga pants and track sweatshirt from the previous year. We made eye contact and smiled at eachother.

"That was a nice looking smile," Leo was looking at me, his own smile on his face, "Don't see the big tough Raphie smile that much."

I blushed in embarrassment and pouted, looking down at my food. I took a bite of the sandwich that Mikey made for me.

His lunches are always top notch.

"Do you make your own lunches?" Leo asked, eating his own.

"Nah. If I tried the kitchen would burn down," I chuckled a bit, "My younger brother Mikey makes them. For me and our father."

He hummed in thought, "I always make my own lunches. Is Mikey a good cook?"

"Good is an understatement." I looked and saw Mikey, sitting with his usual friends, his big smile on his face.

"You really are a caring person..." Leo was smiling thoughtfully at me, "Why don't you show this side to you more often?"

"I... I guess I don't know..." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously,  "Maybe it's because I hold up a tough facade."

Leo laughed a bit at that one.  After his laughing subsided, he turned to me and said, "You look cuter while you're smiling.  It's only natural to want to see your soft side more often."

That made me blush quite a bit.  I cleared my throat and looked the other way to cover my rosy cheeks.

'He thinks I'm cute?  How is this even possible?  Is this a dream?'

Little did I know, Leo was smiling at me; proud that he was actually able to say what had been on his mind since the day we met.  When I looked back at him, he looked down at his lap, his smile never faltering even once.

"What're you smiling about?"  I looked at his straight, white teeth between his perfectly parted lips.  In that moment, I took the chance to look at all of him.  His ocean blue eyes were amazing, along with his perfect skin with few scars.  He had nice cheekbones with refined cheeks.  His toned muscles and his perfect figure showed what an athlete he was.  

I hope I don't screw this up.  

He looks absolutely perfect in my future...