043,

EPISODE SIXthe dive

EPISODE SIX
the dive.

THE GROUP followed dustins compass, running through the woods as max had to drag nova along, "somethings happening." dustin whispered.

"dustin? can you slow down, dustin!" eddie whisper yelled as they chased after the boy.

"i think we're getting close!" dustin exclaimed, but eddie yanked him back before he could fall into a lake. "watch your step, big guy."

"oh, man." steve sighed, walking infront of thrm all as lucas pulled nova back slightly, "you gotta be shitting me."

"yeah...i thought those woods were familiar." eddie admitted, "lover's lake." max spoke up.

"this is confounding." dustin whispered in awe, "there's a gate in lover's lake?" nova frowned, looking out to try and spot it.

"whenever the demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening...maybe vecna's the same way." nancy faced them all, "yeah, only one way to find out." steve spoke.

they pulled off the tarp on a small boat and steve shone his torch on it, before looking at eddie. the two pushed the boat into the lake as steve huffed. "easy...i said easy, man!"

"sorry, dude." eddie sighed. "here you go...just gonna do that." robin spoke as she put her hands on both eddie and steve's heads to jump into the boat.

"thank you." she spoke, sitting down. "yep, that works too." steve rolled his eyes.

eddie then got on, and so did nancy as dustin went to but eddie pushed him back. "hey, hey, hey. you tryna sink us? this thing holds three people tops, okay?"

dustin sighed sadly as nancy spoke up, "it's better this way, okay? you guys stay here with nova. keep an eye out for trouble." she told them.

"you keep an eye out!" dustin exclaimed, nancy pulled a face. "it's my goddamn theory!" he continued.

"c'mon, you heard nance." robin spoke as dustin scoffed, "who put her in charge?"

"i did." robin smiled and dustin sent her an annoyed look. "compass." nancy held her hand out.

dustin huffed before hesitantly handing it over. "hey, there you go." steve chucked the bag at dustin before getting in the boat as dustin gasped.

"you said three!" he exclaimed as steve smiled apologetically. "bed time and nine, kiddos! miss you already!" robin waved as they all rolled their eyes.

the group all watched as they went further out, until suddenly they stopped, "wait, wait, wait." lucas mumbled, looking through the binoculars.

"they're stopping. what are they stopping for?" lucas tapped dustins shoulder repeatedly, "guys, what's going on?" dustin asked over the walkie.

"uh, dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'ahh'!" robin answered as they all shared a confused look.

they watched as steve got up, taking his shirt off as lucas gasped, "ew, when did steve get so hairy?" he spoke.

"right?" dustin looked at him, "i keep telling him that he needs to tame the jungle, but he claims the ladies dig it."

nova stood up quickly and walked over to lucas. "let me see." she pulled the binoculars off him, "wha—" lucas frowned as nova looked over at steve before widening her eyes, her jaw dropped slightly.

"woah..." she whispered, "max, come check this out." she spoke with wide eyes, max jogged over and the two shared the binoculars as dustin and lucas stared at them in shock before lucas snatched the binoculars away, putting them in nova's bag and shaking his head.

"someone's jealous." max coughed to cover up her words as lucas glared at her whilst nova and dustin shared a laugh.

once steve had dived in, nova shrugged and turned around, "you guys realise, if there's a gate down there...it's technically a water gate." dustin spoke up.

the three just stared at him in response before looking back to nancy, robin and eddie. "watergate!" dustin said before letting out a proud chuckle.

after a few minutes of waiting, they were getting impatient and slightly worried. "come on, steve..." dustin whispered.

lucas suddenly turned around and widened his eyes. "shit! down." he whispered as they noticed a bunch of cops making their way over, they all jumped down and hid behind a log.

"dustin, you're a goddamn einstein. steve found the gat—" robin spoke but dustin shut it off quickly so they wouldn't be heard.

"we can't let 'em find eddie." lucas whispered, "stay with me." max suddenly spoke before getting up. "hey, officers!" they all whisper yelled at her to shut up.

"hey! over here! i found the killer! this way!" she yelled as they widened their eyes, "maxine mayfield what the hell are you doing?!" nova exclaimed.

max began to run off as they had no choice but to follow, ignoring the yells of the cops for them to stop. "get back here, you little rats!" they exclaimed.

they kept on running, until they bumped into the cops, looking up at them with wide eyes as they shared a look.

steve is leng

steve is leng