chapter 8...

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Rip asked from the captain's chair.

"Walk in the park." Snart replied sarcastically. "So, where are we now?"

"Washington D.C. The year is 1986."

"We've landed at the height of the cold war in a world poised for nuclear annihilation." Stein added before Gideon popped up.

"We've traveled here because I have a new lead on Vandal Savage's location."

"Yes, Gideon managed to intercept this telefax concerning Savage's last known whereabouts." Rip explained while Gideon pulled up a document on the computer.

"Tele-what?" Jax asked.

"It's like an email on paper." I said, trying my best to explain it to the clueless boy.

"Wow, that's totally useless." Mick grumbled.

"Dude, this whole thing's crossed off." Jax pointed out the text which was majorly covered in black.

"Yeah, redacted by the U.S. government, which is why we are here to steal the original file on Savage back from those who are tracking." Rip elaborated.

Rip led us to the window of the bridge. The waverider was openly hovering over a government building. "Uh, that's the-" Ray started, but he couldn't find the words.

"Now, now... we are cloaked."

"You want us to break into the pentagon?" Mick asked, confused. "Sounds awesome."

"It sounds crazy." Kendra pointed out.

"What's the plan?" Sara asked.

"Oh, the fabricator will fabricate you the necessary Pentagon coordentials."

"Ooh, don't forget our G-man disguises." Ray said excitedly. We all gave him weird looks. "I always wanted to be a spy."

XXX

"Now, the file we're after is in a secure room. In order to gain access to it, we're going to need to, uh, borrow a magnetic key card."

We waited until we heard Snart got the key before Sara, Kendra, and I approached them. Snart slid the card into my hand and we continued to walk towards the room with the file in it. We swiped the card and got entrance access.

"The records room has close circuited cameras. We need a diversion."

"Someone called my name?" Mick asked rhetorically over comms.

We got the file and headed towards the restricted exit.

"Now, here's the tricky part. All personnel are subject to search upon exiting the Pentagon." We heard Rip say as we tucked our service caps underneath our arms.

"Firestorm will divert the power long enough for you to exit." The lights flickered off as we left through the restricted exit. We were almost out when a guard approached us.

"This is a restricted exit." He told us sternly.

"Sorry, we must've gotten lost." We tried to walk by him, but he put his arm out in front of Kendra.

"I'm going to need to see your keycard ma'am." Kendra looked at us and the guard spoke into his radio. "We have a code seven violation." Kendra, Sara, and I didn't hesitate to knock out the guards surrounding us. All of a sudden, Kendra hawked-out. When she turned to me and Sara her eyes were bright red.

"We have a slight problem." I told Rip over comms.

Rip began to scold us all over comms. "Where is that smoke coming from?" Meanwhile, Kendra was outside beating up every guard in sight. "We've got the file. What the hell does Kendra think she's doing?"