||8||

I kept my word and as soon as I got home I FaceTimed Ja.
"Good Afternoon." He said. He put on the cutest smile but I had to resist.
"Hey." I said. "Are you sure you're not busy?"
"Nope." He shook his head. "I just put Kaari down for a nap so I have some time."
"Same with Aiko." I laughed. "She was knocked out in the car."

"So what's up?" Ja asked.
"Well, Lamelo bring me to a family brunch to let everyone know we were breaking up and things went downhill." I sighed. "Lonzo tried to make it seem like we fuck.."
"Damnit, Zo." Ja sighed. "I'm sorry about that, I don't know how he possibly could have translated our session to that."

"He's always tried to fuck with my life." I said. "It's kinda his thing."
"I'm sure he means no harm." Ja said. "He was interested in helping you out too."

Ja POV:

"Help me?" Ronnie tilted her head to the side. "With what?"
Shit. Zo told me not to mention the whole abuse thing to her. It gets her very emotional, knowing how many times Lamelo beat her.
"Uhh, nothing." I changed the subject. "But are you okay after the little brunch fight?"
"Yeah, I'm alright." She smiled. "It's really sweet of you to take time out of your day for me."
"Anytime." I grinned.

Listening to her soft voice really got me going. It was so calming and gentle. She seemed to have a really beautiful soul too. How could anyone hurt someone like this? It made me think so terribly of Lamelo after Lonzo told me all their abuse stories.

"So are you still in the hotel?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said. "I'm looking for a nice penthouse apartment and I'm planning to visit one tomorrow."

"I don't want you to have to continue to pay night after night until you get the apartment." I said. "I'll rent you a nice condo while you wait to be approved."
"No, please." She said nervously. "I don't wanna drag you into my mess, Ja you shouldn't."
"Come on," I said. "Think of it as a simple gesture."
"Are you sure?"
"Absolutely."

We discussed further plans about her living situation and then eventually got off the phone.
I instantly started looking for nice condos in Charlotte to rent and I found the perfect one for her. It was absolutely beautiful and in a nice area.

Sure, she wasn't my girlfriend or anything but I'm gonna do everything it takes to get her to that point. I've only known Ronnie for a little, but I knew I was head over heels from the first time I laid eyes on her.

I wanted Ronnie, and I wanted her REAL bad.

End of POV:

As much as I appreciated Ja's kindness, I was a little embarrassed that I had to have someone help me out with my living situation. Which only meant one thing, I needed to hurry up with my clothing line. I've had so many beautiful designs all I needed was some exposure, management, production, and some help launching.

Ja texted me that the condo was in the process of being approved and I would be out of the hotel in no time. I thanked him and put two little hearts next to it.
What? I know I'm supposed to be all Lamelo, but I was trying with him. And I was the ONLY one trying. All he would do is argue,make me forgive him the next day, and have sex with me. Nothing special. If he didn't give any fuck about me, which is what he projects, then I have to stop giving a fuck too.

It's not gonna work if only one person tries right? Ja was the only thing I could think about. Maybe I did have a little crush on him. And I was enjoying it. Every single second of it.

Aiko woke up from her nap and crawled into my lap.
"Did you have a good nap mama?" I rubbed her head.
She nodded and hugged me by my neck. "Love you." She whispered.
"I love you too koko." I kissed her on the cheek. She was talking so good for one years old. I'm glad she was advanced for her age.
"My dada?" She asked.
"Daddy will be here to pick you up tomorrow." I said.
She got excited and started jumping all around the bed.
"Girl sit down before you fall and bust yo head." I laughed.
"I not gonna bust mah head!" She jumped over me.
I grabbed her up and sat her back in my lap.
There was a knock at my door and got up to open it.

It wasn't expected, but it was Lamelo. Once again he didn't say a word and just walked in.
"Yeah, just make yourself at home." I said sarcastically. "Not like I was doing anything important."
"I'm sure you weren't." Lamelo took off his shoes and sat on the couch. "You don't do shit."

I wanted to punch him in his throat. I'm a mom and in the process of launching my brand. He must not realize I've put in some work these past months.
"Did you just come here to fuck with me?" I asked him. "If so, I don't have the time for it. I've reached my limit as you saw at the restaurant."

"Look, I just came to apologize." He said. "Lonzo was wrong and so was I."
"So you admit.." I said quietly.
"Kinda..not all the way." He said.
"Yup, same 'ole Lamelo."

"Come on Ronnie, I said sorry."
"But you didn't really mean it." I folded my arms.
"Why do you have to be so difficult?" He stood up.
"Because for a point of time all I did was negotiate and I'm all burned out from that. You had your chance to try, don't start now." I said.
Except for, I really did want him to try but I had to stand my ground.

"You're acting like you're better than me." Lamelo said angrily. "Stop acting all bitch made."
"Excuse me?" I said.
"You're excused." He said sarcastically.
"This could have been a regular conversation, but nope! you fucked that up!" He yelled at me.
"Stop yelling at me!" I shoved him. "Just leave!"
Lamelo took me by the arms and pressed me against the wall.
It looked like his eyes were burning with a fiery passion to hurt me.
"Lamelo please," I cried. "Don't hurt me."

Lamelo quickly noticed and let me go. He looked down at his hands and back at my face that was so sorrowful, eyes full of tears. He had never put his hands on me. Ever. Even he noticed he was in the wrong.
He hugged me tightly and I wrapped my arms around him.
"I'm so sorry..." he said. "I'm so so sorry..."
"It's.....okay." I said quietly.
This couldn't have been Lamelo. Sure we did argue, but he would have never thought to do this. Something has to be making him act this way. I'm sure he would never do drugs...maybe someone or something happened?

I was too afraid to ask though. I just sat there silently in his arms as he ran his fingers through my hair. He took me by my chin and started to kiss me. It was so wrong but it felt so good. But it was time to woman up.
"Lamelo, Stop." I pulled away. "When you show me so much anger and then show me passion..it scares me. Like you're bipolar or something."
Lamelo stared at the ground for a few seconds then put his attention back on me. "There's something wrong.."
"What?"
"Nothing." He said. "Just forget it. Can I go say Goodnight to Aiko?"
"Yeah." I nodded.

Lamelo went into the bedroom as I sat back down on the couch.
This just wasn't like him. And it was so scary. I want to get him help, really bad but I'm afraid of what he'll do.
His mood swings aren't normal. The most I can do is pray.

What Lamelo needs to do is heal, even if it's without me.