The Spy

Y/N POV~
We've been driving for awhile now and I ended up swapping places with Dustin because I'm tired and wanted more room.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asks turning to Dustin.

"First it was like that. Now it's like this." Dustin demonstrates with his hands.

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve says turning back to the road.

"It's not a lizard." Dustin states.

"How do you know?" Steve asks.

"How do I know if it's not?" Dustin repeats.

"How do you know it's not just a lizard!?" Steve yells.

"Because his face opened up and he ate his cat!" I yell before flipping myself over onto my side in the backseat.

Steve nods and looks back at the road going silent, finally I shut them up. He pulls up to Dustin's house and we all get out of the car going to the trunk. He opens it up and pulls out his bat which is filled with nails.

He slams the trunk shut and we make our way around Dustin's house to the cellar doors. "I don't hear shit." Steve says.

"He's in there." Dustin states, Steve then hits the doors with the top of his bat.

Steve turns to us and shines his flash light in our faces. "All right, listen, kids. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead."

"It's not." Dustin defends.

"All right?" Steve asks.

"It's not a prank." I state.

"Get it out of our faces." Dustin says.

"You got a key for this thing?" Steve nods towards the lock on the doors.

I hand him the key and he unlocks it opening only one of the doors at a time. Dustin pops his head up looking in and shining the flash light inside.

"Let me see that." Steve says and takes the flash light.

"He must be further down there." Dustin comments.
"I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape."

Steve and I both turn our heads to look at him, "Dude you're such a pussy." I laugh slightly. Steve sighs and shakes his head before we both get up and start making our way down the stairs.

When we get down the stairs he reaches up and pulls a string to turn the light bulb on revealing a huge pile of the same slimy skin that was in Dart's cage the first time he shed. "He must've shed his skin again." I comment looking at Steve who picked it up on his bat.

"Steve?" I hear Dustin's voice from the top of the stairs, "Y/n? Guys, what's going on down there?"

"Get down here." Steve says shining his light up in Dustin's face.

Dustin looks at the skin Steve is holding on his bat and his face goes white, "Oh, shit." Then I point to the big hole in the wall in the corner. "Oh, shit!" We all walk towards it crouching to see what's inside revealing a huge tunnel that goes deeper than we thought. "No way. No way."

~Time skip~

"Dustin!" Lucas's voice rings through Dustin's walkie. Steve pulls three pairs of gloves and three buckets of meat cubes out of his trunk. As we're putting our gloves on Lucas speaks again. "This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?"

"Well, well, well, look who it is." Dustin says walking away from Steve and I.

"Sorry, man." Lucas replies. "My stupid sister turned it off."