Broken

Haseena was not surprised to see the condition of the room. All the things were scattered. All the books were thrown. The flower vase was on the floor broken. All his clothes were thrown here and there.

She knew he would be broken hearing this. She was prepared for this. But her heart broke seeing her Ani sitting taking the support of the bed with their photo in his hand which he keeps at his bedside. Tears were streaming down his eyes. She knew she was the only person in front of whom he cries.

Her eyes filled up seeing his condition.
She went near him and sat down beside him. He noticed her and wiped his tears. He turned other side.

HM: Ani.

AS: Hasi please chali ja yaha se. Tu wese bui ja hi rahi he na to bas ja yaha se. Mujhe akela chodd de.

HM: Ani ek baar meri baat to sun le.

Anubhav looked at her and held her tightly from her shoulders. His eyes were blood red.
AS: Hasi abhi ja yaha se. Mujhe nahi rehna abhi tere sath.

HM: Meri baat to sun le ek baar.

AS: Kya sunu? Ye sunu ki kese promise karke ki tu mujhe kabhi nahi chodegi chodd ke ja rahi he ya ye janu ki tune mujhe ye pehle batane tak ke layak nahi samjha. Meri life ki har choti se badi chiz ka hissa tu he lekin tune London me ek college me apply kar diya. Hasi me wapis bol raha hu yaha se chali ja warna aaj me gusse me kahi tujhe chot na pohocha du.

Haseena chuckled.
HM: Tu na jindagi me kuch bhi kar sakta he lekin mujhe kharoch tak nahi aane de sakta chot to kabhi tu de hi nhi sakta.

Anubhav looked in her eyes. He had little tears in his eyes. One tear fell from his eye. He quickly wiped it and turned his face other side. Haseena called him but he refused to turn towards her. Finally she forcefully made him face her. He looked at her and instantly hugged her tightly. His sobs changed into loud cries. She clutched him tightly but seeing his condition tears started streaming down her cheeks too.

AS: Hasi me tere bina nahi reh sakta. Please mujhe chodd ke mat ja. Tera Ani mar jayega Hasi. Please mat ja.

Haseena tightened her grip around him pulling him into herself trying to calm him but failed.

AS: Hasi tujhe padhna he na to ek kaam kar me bhi tere sath chalta hu. Kyuki tu chali jayegi to to me wese bhi nahi ji paunga. Hasi me mar jaunga mat ja please.

He kept repeating this . Haseena kept stroking his back trying to calm him down.Finally after a long time he calmed down. Haseena cupped his face and kissed his forehead deeply.

HM: Ani agar tu bhi mere sath chala jayega to yaha sabka khayal kon rakhega. Me nahi houngi to sabko tujhe hi sambhalna hoga na. Aur tu chinta kyu kar raha he. Hum na pure din baat karenge. Roz raat ko ghanto baat karenge I promise. Hum dur hoke bhi dur nahi honge.

AS: Ye sab kehne ki baate he Hasi. Rishto me duriya aa hi jaati he.

HM: Hamara rishta itna kamzor he kya Ani? Hum Hasi aur Ani he. Hamara rishta duriyo ka mohtaz nahi he. Aur ek baat bata tujhe mere upar bharosa he?

Anubhav looked in her eyes.
AS: Khudse bhi jyada. Is duniya me sabse jyada.

Haseena smiled.
HM: To bas me tujhe bol rahi hu humara rishta nahi badlega. Humara rishta jesa he wesa hi rahega. Aur baat keval teen saal ki he. Uske baad wapis hum sath honge aur hamesha sath rahenge tu dekh lena.

He looked in her eyes. She smiled.
AS: Wada kar hum jindagi bhar sath rahenge.

He said this while extending his little finger. Haseena chuckled and intervined her little finger with his.
HM: Wada karti hu. Me wapis aaungi uske baad jindagi bhar sath me rahenge.

Anubhav hugged her tightly. He kissed her cheeks.
AS: Meri jaan leke ja rahi he tu apne sath. Jyada din apni jaan ke bina nahi reh sakunga.

Haseena kissed his hair.
HM: Meri jaan bhi to yaha he. Kese reh sakti hu me meri jaan ke bina. Jald se jald wapis aaungi.

He smiled slightly. He held her hand.

AS: Kab jana he.

HM: Result aane ke baad kuch formalities he to lagbhag do hafte.

Anubhav nodded. Though his heart pained hearing that after two weeks she will be gone for three years. She saw this and decided to change the topic.

HM: Wese ye tune kamre ka kya haal kar diya. Ab mujhe ise saaf karna padega warna baba tujhe phir daatenge.

Anubhav smiled sarcastically.
AS: Rehne de Hasi. Ab aadat dalni hi he mujhe. Tu nahi hogi to ye sab kaam mujhe khud hi karna padega na. Aut ab to baba ki daat ki bhi aadat banani hi padegi tu jo nahi hogi bachane ke liye.

Haseena looked at him. She knew he was hurt badly. She knew her decision will affect him the most. And he was the most important part of her life. He should be a part of this decision too.

HM: Ani me janti hu mene bohot badi galti kar di he jo mene tujhe is faisle ka hissa nahi banaya. Lekin ab jab tu shant ho gaya he to tu shanti se beth aur is baare me soch. Tu bas ek baar keh de ki me nahi jau. I promise me abhi ruk jaungi. Ye decision jitna mera he utna hi tera bhi he. Jo tera faisla hoga mujhe manzoor hoga. I promise me tunhse koi sawal nahi puchungi.

Anubhav looked in her eyes. He was the one who always hated studying but she loved studying and not only their course books but every type of book. She always told him that she wanted to go to that university in London but she never mentioned that in few years so he forgot about it. And how can he stop her from achieving her dream. He can't be selfish right now.

HM: Ani kuch to bol.

AS: Wo college tera dream he Hasi. Bas jaldi aana. Dhyan rakhna tera Ani tera wait kar raha he.

Haseena smiled widely and nodded.
Anubhav put his head on her lap and clutched her top tightly.

She smiled and started caressing his hair calming him down. Both of them were silent feeling each other. Soon she felt his grip on her top loosen. She looked down and found him sleeping. She smiled. With great difficulty she managed to make him sleep on the bed. She covered him with quilt and dimmed the lights.

She bend down and kissed his forehead.
HM: Bohot miss karungi tujhe. Meri jaan he tu.

After that she cleaned the entire room. Finally when she got down she saw everyone standing there with tensed faces. She smiled bringing a sigh of relief from them. Maa looked at her with concerned eyes.

Maa: Hasi Anu theek he na?

HM: Maa bohot hurt he Ani lekin dikhayega nahi wo. Chup chap sahega.

Maa: Janti hu beta. 2 saal ke the jab mile the tum dono. Aur us din ke baad jindagi me pehli baar alag houge. Dukhi to hoga lekin samajh jayega.

Haseena nodded with a sad face. Maa hugged her tightly.

HM: Maa bohot jald wapis aaungi.

Maa: Aana hi padega. Hamare ghar ki raunak leke ja rahi he tu. Tu roshni he dono gharo ki. Teri hasi sune bina to subah nahi hoti hamari. To ab roshni ke bina jyada din to wese bhi nahi raha ja sakta.

HM: Kya Maa aap urdu sikhte sikhte senti baatein bhi sikh rahe ho.

Maa smiled.
Maa: Jab tak tu wapis aayegi na tab tak ekdum khallas urdu sikh jaungi me dekhna.

HM hitting her forehead : Khalis hota he wo maa. Aur abhi do hafte yahi hu me. To tab tak hindi me hi baat karo.

Maa chuckled.

Finally after bidding them bye Haseena went home with Ammi and Abbu.