Indifferent behavior

With all the questions running in their mind Haseena came near him. But before she can hug him he stepped back. Her eyes widened in shock seeing this.

HM: Ani.

Anubhav closed his eyes hearing Ani after so long. His heart felt a peaceful feeling. But he took a deep breath and calmed his racing heartbeat.

AS: Haseena kesi he aap.

Haseena stumbled a bit hearing Haseena. He never in his life called her Haseena. Only these five people calls her Hasi. And today the most important person of her life was calling her Haseena.

HM: Ani tu gussa he mujhse? Haseena kyu bula raha he mujhe.

Anubhav sat down on his chair.
AS fake smile: Nahi Haseena me kyu gussa hounga aapse. In fact me to bohot khush hu aapko dekhke. Welcome back to India. Aur aapka naam Haseena he to wahi bulaunga na aapko.

He opened a file and started checking it not minding her presence at all.

Haseena didn't knew how to react. He never behaved like this. She tried going near him but he stood up from his chair and went and stood near the window. He ignored her completely.

She was on the verge of crying seeing his indifferent behavior.

HM: Ani mujhse baat karna yaar. Kya hua he? Kuch bol to sahi? Me itne saal baad ayi hu aur ek baar hug bhi nahi kar raha. Gussa he to gussa kar na. Ese kyu behave kar raha he.

Anubhav didn't say anything and continued looking out the window. Haseena came near him and again tried to hug him but he stepped back.

AS: Haseena ye aap kya kar rahi he? Dekhiye me bohot khush hu aap wapis aa gayi he lekin thoda dur rehke bhi baat ho sakti he.

Haseena's heart was breaking at his each statement. She looked at him with tears in her eyes.

Before she can say anything else Anubhav's assistant came inside the cabin. Anubhav coughed and sat down on his chair.

Haseena didn't wanted to say anything in front of anyone so she quietly sat down on one of the chairs. The assistant was unnecessarily clinging to Anubhav which Haseena was finding unbearable. No girl was allowed near her Ani. And she is only his assistant. She can talk while maintaining a distance but she was trying to come as close to Anubhav as possible. And why not every girl would die for his looks.

After a while the assistant stopped talking and looked at Haseena.

Assistant: Sir if you don't mind me asking who is she? Means mene pehle inhe kabhi dekha nahi.

Anubhav looked at Haseena. She was looking at him with a hope in her eyes.

AS: Shweta aap mere Ammi Abbu se mili he na ye unki beti he Haseena Malik. Haseena he ye Shweta my assistant.

Haseena didn't said anything but Shweta nodded. She looked at Haseena with a hateful look. Haseena found it a little weird. She got a kind of negative vibe from her. But she ignored it thinking it to be just in her mind.

Shweta after her work exited her cabin but stood at the door. She looked at Anubhav with a smile but her smile turned into a hateful look looking at Haseena. Finally she left the cabin.

Here Haseena was continuously looking at him to see even a single emotion but he was blank. Was she really only Ammi and Abbu's daughter for him. Weren't they best friends. Wasn't she his Hasi. What was going on?
She took a deep breath and looked at him.

HM: Me keval Ammi Abbu ki beti hu? Tumhari kuch nahi lagti me?

Anubhav raised his head from the file he was reading and glanced her once. But without answering her he again looked down and got engrossed in the file.

Haseena was hell irritated by now. He was acting as if she isn't there. She stood up and snatched the file from his hands.

AS: What the hell Haseena. Aap ye kya kar rahi he. File dijiye hume wapis.

HM: Tu kya kar raha he Ani? Wo teri Assistant ne jab pucha ki me teri kya lagti hu tab bolta he me Ammi Abbu ki beti hu. Jabse aayi hu na hug kiya ja hi ek baar pucha ki kesi he Hasi. Chal kya raha he tere dimag me.

AS: Dekhiye Haseena ye office he yaha tamasha khada karne ki koi jarurat nahi he. Personal baatein baad me bhi ho sakte he. Abhi hamari ek meeting he aap bhi ghar chali jaiye. Hume abbi aapse koi baat nahi karni. Aur wo file dijiye. Wo bohot important file he.

Haseena threw the file on his table. She glanced at him one last time and then stormed out of the cabin. He saw her wiping her tears. After she was gone he fell in chair. A drop of tear fell from his eyes. He wiped it and then picked up the file for the meeting.

It was almost evening before he was done with all the meetings. He checked his phone and saw 20 missed calls from Ammi, Abbu, Baba and Maa. He became tensed and called Baba.

AS: Baba kya hua? Sab theek he na. Itne phone.

Baba : Anu Hasi.

Hearing Hasi Anubhav got all the negative thoughts in a split second.
AS: Kya hua baba. Hasi theek to he na.

Baba: Anu Hasi tere sath he kya?

AS: Nahi baba wo aayi thi subah lekin meri meeting thi to baat nahi ho payi. Kuch hua he kya? Hasi thik he na.

Baba: Beta Hasi subah tujhse milne gayi thi uske baad se wo ghar wapis nahi aayi he. Uska phone bhi nahi lag raha. Wo abhi to India aayi he pata nahi kaha gayi hogi. Teen saal me sheher bhi itna badal gaya he. Itne saare naye raste ban gaye he. Samajh nahi aa raha kisi musibat me to nahi he.

Hearing these words Anubhav felt his heart stop beating.
AS: Baba aap sab chinta mat kijiye me Hasi ko dhundhne ja raha hu. Aur koi bhi tension mat lena. Me wada karta hu Hasu ko wapis leke aaunga.

Baba: Beta jaldi karna. Pata nahi kis halat me hogi meri bacchi.

Anubhav nodded and hanged up the call. 

AS: Kaha gayi ye idiot. Jab sheher ke raste nahi pata to phir kyu gayi he. Hasi bas tu thik hona. Wapis tujhe nahi kho sakta me. Ab himmat nahi he mujhme. Par Hasi kaha ja sakti he. Shayad waha. Ek baar check kar lena chahiye. Yu nahi ki el baar bata de ki kisi ko inform kar de. Par nahi ise to har baar bas apne man ki karni he. Me hi pagal hu jo is idiot ko ese jaane diya.