A Champion Regains His Title; Pride is Stratusfied

"Great show, Rock. Really it was a very great performance. The stipulation kind of fucked up the match but other that, it was very good.", I say to Dwayne as he walks into his dressing room.

"Thanks, but I feel the same way as far as that goes. Let me go shower and then we can see about getting out of here."

As Dwayne makes his way to the showers in the room, I pull my notebook out of my bag and read the stanzas I've written in the past. Some I smile at, while some I frown at. My phone rings and I pick it up to find my Dad saying hello.

"Hey, Dad. What's going on?"

"Hey son, where's your uncle? I just called him, but he didn't pick up.", I can practically hear the frown on my father's face as he says this.

"Dad, Dwayne is more than likely humming a tune, and washing his ass right now. When he comes out, I'll call you back."

He aggres, and I go back reading my poems.

"Someday, I'll show you to the world.", I say quietly to no one in particular.

"Who were you just talking to?", Dwayne asks coming out of the shower.

"That was quick. Anyway call Dad. He wanted to talk to you. I'll be back in a few."

Once I leave The Rock's dressing room, I go to find Punk. After turning some odd corners, I find my target.

"Hey Phil! Good performance man", I said walking up to Punk, "You really worked the stip well."

"Yeah man thanks.", Punk says in an off manner.

"Phil, what is your problem, man? You just had a great match with the company's biggest star. I know its not about the title, so what is it?"

"John, the problem is Taker. If they can't get him back, then I'll be stuck in a stupid ass filler with no real meaning. If not that then I may not even be on the card. And by all means do I not want to face Brock Lesnar. To do that, I'd have to become a face again, which just isn't going to happen."

"Ok, I can understand why you're mad. Last year you were in one of three main matches. This year you're in danger of not even being on the card. Have you talked to Calaway yourself?", I asked him.

"No, I haven't.", He says.

"Talk to Vince. Ask him if you can be at the next meeting to talk to Calaway about the potential a match like that could have. Of course you shouldn't saleit as if it could topMichaels vs. UndertakerorTriple H vs. Undertaker, but it could turn out to be a match of the year candidate."

"You're right. Thanks man. I'll go do just that.", Punk says, and walks off looking for Vince.

I start walking back to The Rock's dressing room, when I see Orton coming towards me.

"Hey man, how'd I do?", Orton says shaking my hand.

"Honestly being that you took the hardest bump, and had the most meaningful elimination, im opinion you were the star of the match. I have no problem with Swagger winning the match, but the way he won was bullshit.", I said to Orton matter-of-factly.

"You're right 100%. And to be honest, who the fuck wants to see Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger at Wrestlemania? Itsjusta rehash of the JBL-Guerrero feud, and the only diiference is that these guys don't have the star power that thoseguys had."

"Good point. Alright man see you later.", And with that Randy walks away to his dressing room.

I walk back to The Rock's dressing room to see him gathering his bags together.