Side Chapter 2 - Part G - Something Unexpectedly Sacred

I don't own Percy Jackson or any associated characters, I'm merely expanding on my current literacy skills.

Previously on NEIAIS:

"Firstly," I begin, my tone significantly colder, which allows Silver to immediately know he has crossed a line he should not have, "did you not hear that I have kept this to myself? That I have never told anyone, not trusted anyone enough? Which is big, very big, with my fatal flaw. Secondly, I had literally met you all; why would I tell such a thing to people I have only just met? Something I had never told another before? It is something that I just prefer to forget, to not think about. So, why would I tell someone?" He seems to wince, my words cutting through him deeply; especially as he posed his question of accusation without thought. My voice gets colder still as my last sentence is vocalised rigidly through jaws that want to clench. "Thirdly, it would be a splendid idea if you were to release me right this instant because I am barely holding my instincts back from stabbing a weapon through you, right at this exact moment."

It takes only a second for him to process my last words, in which I stop myself from further tensing where it would be noticeable, and he springs back as if badly burned or injured, letting go of me in the process.

Side Chapter 2 – Part G – Something Unexpectedly Sacred

Percy's POV

Nothing happens for a few seconds afterward.

The three stare at me as I try to get my instincts back under control. Silver doesn't seem to quite understand what I meant when saying that I was barely holding my instincts back, but the other two do. They are like me, so very similar. Instead of being demigods, they are just demi-primordials, and from what I have gathered, they can gain a better control over their instincts, which I don't fully understand. But it does seem like they have an easier time controlling their abilities, which would make sense. With a better control over their abilities, they would have better control over their divine instincts. But they are demi-primordials and not a demigod, and I have found that a demigod's instincts are easier to react, at least when the said individual is more powerful.

Because of this, I learnt to control my instincts at a very young age, when I did not know about my heritage. It allowed me to stop the Olympians from seeing right through my secrets, and to control my abilities. But when my instincts act up, it can be quite explosive. Such as when I blew up that volcano holding Typhon and flew through the air to land on Ogygia, where I first met Calypso.

Every demigod, demi-titan and demi-primordial knows to instinctively hold their instincts back. Of course, it is always easier said than done. Emotion does not help with control. All of us understand the consequences and the things that sets our instincts off so bad where we can't control them any longer – torture being one of them.

My eyes never leave nor stop looking at Silver, even when I manage to get a better grip over my instincts. It isn't much, truly, but it is a lot better than the slight control I had before. Much better.

Still staring at him, I step backward. I keep going until I am several metres away from him, both of the demi-primordials there between us. I am hoping that with them between us, if my instincts go off completely, then they will be able to buy Silver enough time to get away. I hope.

Adrien and Sidney seem to have a silent, mental conversation. It barely takes a few seconds, but it would have seemed longer to them. It always seems to be that way when a mental link is used, things are always said faster mentally than physically.

They seem to agree. Adrien moves to stand next to Silver while Sidney moves to be next to me. She keeps a bit of distance at first, silently asking if I am fine with her being next to me. I give a slow nod, but always keep an eye on Silver. It seems to be unnerving him.