Chapter 19 - Figured Out - Part A

I don't own Percy Jackson or any characters you will recognise from the series, they belong to Rick Riordan.

if you are not aware yet, I have published five of the six rewritten chapters - 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I just need to hear back from my editor on the second rewritten chapter. Make sure to read them if you have yet to. It will probably make more sense.

Chapter 19 – Figured Out – Part A

Time skip 3 years 9 months (45 months)

Percy's POV

"Blaze."

"Again?" Blaze sighs. "How many times have you done this now?"

I start thinking but he answers first.

"Right. This has already been done over one hundred times." Blaze's tone is worried at how many times this has actually been done so far.

"I know." I sigh.

"Maybe we should tell someone." Blaze says. "Eros? Chaos? Order? Hestia? Nico? Anyone?"

"No Blaze. Not right now."

"Shouldn't it be stopping now though?" Blaze asks, his tone nervous. "Shouldn't it be finished by now?"

"Blaze, we know that it has been slowing down." I remind him. "Could you get Life again? Please?"

"Fine." Blaze relents, but I know that he is going to still try to persuade me to tell someone – like he has been since I started to do this.

He travels out before returning, both times in a flash of fire.

"Again, are you sure you want to do this another time but not have anyone else besides the two of us here?" Blaze asks me. "Wouldn't it be better if at least one other person knew about this?"

"Blaze, I'll be fine." I tell him. "Just double checking, no one is watching?"

"No one is watching."

Once again, I do what I have now done many times.

With my sword, I make a slight slit on the palm of my hand. Then, I put the blade of the sword to it. I focus, and an aqua blue light comes from the sword. This light, I direct to go into my body and engulf my heart, before bringing it back. This, I do slowly.

When the light isn't in my body anymore, it has changed colour to a black texture. I open a department in my sword and direct the light to go in there with the rest that has been stored there over the period of time I have been dong this. I quickly shut the compartment and give the sword back to Blaze.

He disappears for a second before coming back.

"Percy, go to sleep now. You are tired. Sleep. The council meetings will end soon, and I want you asleep before it does. Or I will get Hypnos to put you to sleep. And you know that I will. I know that you were already tired before, but what you just did, made you even more tired."

"You won't take no for an answer, will you?"

"No. I most definitely will not."

I roll my eyes before I start meditating, finding this is one of the easiest ways to fall asleep.

Blaze's POV

30 – 45 minutes later

It has been around ten minutes since Percy actually fell asleep. I know that the council meetings just ended. One for the primordials. One for the titans. One for the gods. Three different meetings. All going on at once.