Chapter 2

Aria

I walked to our room, my fingers drumming the wall, and acknowledging the occasional greetings of the other students.

After a good five minutes, I reached our room. I wrapped my hand around the silver knob and turned it. I opened the door and walked inside, heaving a sigh of relief as I haven't come across him for today. Yet.

As I was about to close the door, a hand peered in, preventing me from closing the door. I put force on my hands to force it to close, but the owner of the hand was stronger than me. He pushed the door to my side and marched inside.

"That was mean, Aria. How can you close the door knowing it was me trying to enter?" He put on a hurt expression, but smirked shortly after. "Maybe you were charmed by me, beautiful princess? That'd explain why you would run away from me." He suggested, his thumb and index finger holding my chin a little higher. My face is now only a few inches away from his.

I raised an eyebrow at what he was suggesting and tried my hardest not to scoff, and said, "Oh? Then I'm sorry, Caleb, that I let your hopes down." I looked straight at his eyes, my stoney grey eyes meeting his prideful blue orbs.

He let go of my chin, his expression still prideful, and stated, "No need to be sorry, princess. You'll soon fall for me, that's why." Caleb stood straight and handed me a bouquet of differently colored roses; red, white, yellow. "Roses for you."

He turned on his heel and reached for the door, allowing a full view of his gang waiting for him outside the room. Caleb bid me his goodbye and walked away, his cronies following him. The sight looked like dogs following their owner.

"Nathan, come here." I called out, to which a strawberry blonde responded to. Nathan walked to me after telling his gang to go ahead of him.

"Yes, sister?" He asked, unaware of the reason why I called out to him.

"How is mother-" I coughed, "I mean, how is. Missus Fahlia? Is she doing well?" I asked, making sure that my face is devoid of any emotion. Nathan frowned at my question, a look of sadness spread across his face. I suspect that it is not because of Missus Fahlia's health, for I know that she has been doing great, but more of how I addressed her.

"Mother is doing well, and she has become a little happy now. Although she still wishes to see you." Nathan gulped, waiting for my answer. I'm sure that he meant that I should go and see her for myself, but I refuse. I cannot see her, look at her, or visit her. Not now, not ever.

I ignored the hidden invitation that Nathan gave me, and replied, "I see." Two words were all I gave, locking the thousand things I wanted to say. I turned and went inside the room, closing the door silently.

I sat on the couch, and a few moments later Mina arrived with a guy holding a bag on one hand and a tray on the other. She took the bag and tray from the guy and dismissed him.

She put down the bag of foods she bought and plopped on the couch opposite of mine. She handed me the burger and fries with a slice of chocolate cake as dessert, while she dug in her food.

"So? Were you able to run away from Caleb?" She asked, her face looking like she's dying to know.

"Unfortunately, I wasn't. He stopped me earlier when I was about to go in." I pointed at the door while chewing little bits of the burger. I frowned at Mina, or rather, at what she was eating and asked, "Is that Thai Cuisine? Is the lunch for today Thai Cuisine?"

"Yeah. Now won't you like to thank me that I bought you burger and fries plus chocolate cake insteadat of ordering Thai Cuisine for you? Come on, don't be shy. Out with it." She said smugly, arms over her chest and with an obvious look of proud. She looked like a proud Pinocchio with her illusionary long nose. I giggled at her upon realizing that she really does look like Pinocchio.

"Thank you, Pinocchio." I said, giggling.

"Pinocchio?" Mina put a questioning look, clueless of why I called her that. I waved my hand up and down and mumbled, "Nothing."

After we ate, we chatted for a few, waiting for the bell to ring, signaling the end of lunch and the start of the next class. Of course Mina had someone return the tray to the cafeteria earlier. Talk about lazy (and bossy).

"So hey, why is Caleb-" Mina was cut off when the bell rung. She looked a bit irked and pouted, "Talk about rude."

"I will answer your question for you, so stop pouting. You're such a kid." I said, smiling a little. "I don't know. Maybe he finds me interesting, or that he'd like a new toy; one that is not..." I stopped to think for the appropriate word. I would not like to say impure words, if at all possible. "like women of the night." I continued.

"Hmm." She hummed. "Or both." She said.