Chapter 3

Aria

"Young Lady Aria." A maid called out to me, three knocks filling the entire room. I put the book I was reading under the bed sheets and composed myself.

"Come in." I said, giving her permission to enter my room. The maid gently opened the door and brought with her a letter. She bowed her head then handed it to me.

"This is a letter from Young Lady's father, Master Louis." She dismissed herself from the room and closed the door without a sound.

I put my hand on the seal of the letter, the image of a falcon carved in it. I opened the letter and it read:

To the first daughter and child of the first head of the Sommersvelle Family, Aria Cage,

The current head of the Flinstone Royal Family requests that you be present on his first son's coming of age ceremony on the fifth of September. Shall you decline, your brother will be the one to attend.

From the first head of the Sommersvelle Family, Louis Sommersvelle.

So the Flinstone Royal Family head wants to meet the "first" child of the Sommersvelle Family. If the Sommersvelle Family misses the ceremony, it would bring attention; a non-noble rejecting the invitation of royalty. Knowing Nathan, he would go to the ceremony only if he can gain something from coming. He might refuse Father if he was asked to go. He, after all, thinks he will gain nothing from socializing with those peope. But he will gain something. As the heir to the family, his attending the ceremony and mingling with the other families will help him in the future.

If I remember correctly, the Flinstone Royal Family is an aristocratic family that has great power rivaling royalties from other countries. If we gain their trust and favor now, it will benefit the family.

I got up from my bed and to the bath and took a shower. I dressed myself, my uniform hugging my body. I took my bag from the side of my bed and went out of my room.

"Young Lady, what about breakfast?" A maid asked when I was about to go out of the house.

"I'll have none." I replied. The maid was about to open her mouth again, probably about my walking to school. "I'll walk, there's no need for anyone to drive me to school. Also, contact the people who taught me how to dance and the dining etiquettes. Tell them that they are to teach those exact things to Nathan for two weeks. Make sure to add the Sommersvelle Family name, and if they still refuse, tell them that it's an order from me, Aria Sommersvelle. Absolutely do not say Aria Cage. I need those instructors by tomorrow." I ordered then opened the door, not waiting for the maid to respond.

The way to the school was a short walk, and I always meet with Mina half of the walk. She would always wait for me beside a tree, hiding from the rays of the sun. "I wouldn't want my skin color to go brown on me," she says. But today turned out to be a little different.

An arm made its way on my left shoulder and I felt three people behind me. I smacked the arm from my shoulder and looked at my right. "What do you want, Caleb?" I asked with an expressionless face.

"I want you to fall in love with me." He replied with a smirk plastered on his face. I faked a smile and said, "Well, I believe that what you want will not always happen." I turned my back on him and faced Nathan, but I could feel Caleb starting to feel irritation.

"Hey, did you just indirectly told Caleb that you will never fall for him?" The one beside Nathan asked, his brown hair swaying a bit because of the wind. I've always thought that he looked familiar, not just because I always see him with Caleb. I can't put my finger on who he is, but I'm sure that he is the son of someone with great fame and power. I wouldn't have cared about who he is otherwise.