Chapter 5: The C rank mission

- Girls, I think it's about time to give you a C rank mission!

At this announcement, the girls were smiling from ear to ear. They waited patiently for the Kazekage's instructions about the mission.

- In the desert, merchants have their delivery stolen as they travel the trades routes to Sunagakure. We don't know who is behind this. So, I am entrusting you to investigate and neutralize the thieves if it is possible for you.

- Ah, is it because of the thefts that there are shortages of violets? Yume asked innocently.

- Indeed, there are shortages in many stocks of products coming from outside the village, the Kazekage continued. So, violets are not the only product affected by this. Sunagakure's economy is in danger of falling if we don't do something. Can I count on you?

The three kunoichis nodded with motivation.

- Very well, you will begin your mission tomorrow at dawn. Good evening to you.

Team Shinobu said goodbye to the Kazekage and left the room. They discussed among themselves about the organization of the mission:

- They dared to steal my violets! Grrrrr! They're going to hear me, believe it! Yume growled, brandishing her fist in a determined manner.

- You really can't live without violets... Naomi sighed.

- Oh no, certainly not! Replied Yume.

- Still, it's annoying, so we'll have to sort this out as soon as possible, Johana said.

- We'll meet at the north gate of the village at dawn. You'll have enough time to rest if we go back now, Shinobu advised, looking at Naomi sharply.

- Why do I feel I'm being targeted?

- Maybe because you're a big slacker Naomi!

- Yes, but it's Yuyu who's late! She exclaimed pointing at the Amai.

- Ehhhhh!!! Offended the latter. At least I'm shape during missions! Yume pouted.

- While you're daydreaming every time you get the chance, Johana added mockingly.

- Rhoo, come on... Naomi sighed as the other laughed.

The team accepted their instructor's suggestions, and all went home. When Yume returned, her parents were preparing dinner:

- Hello! I'm home! Yume shouted with a smile on her face.

- Hi honey! Her parents greeted her by kissing her.

- Did you have a good day? Asked her mother.

- Yes, a great day! We were finally given a C rank mission!

- That's great! What will you have to do? Asked her father.

- We're going to solve the general shortage! There are people stealing the goods. So, we're going to investigate and beat the crap out of those thieves!

- You seem very motivated to do this, her father laughed.

- You bet I am! Besides, I have to take my sword for tomorrow!

- By the way, do not forget THE rule of the clan, the father Amai looked seriously at his daughter.

- Yes dad, I haven't forgotten it, she assured him with an equally serious look and reassuring smile.