Chapter 5

//Daemon Christone\\

3:40pm. I have been waiting for ten whole minutes. Where the hell is that girl? She better not bring that ass of a friend over, if she does I will just walk out. Ugh. The things I do for the girl I love. Yes love, i know I love my Ice queen. Here I am waiting in the Starbucks, almost a town over our school, so that no one will see us. The place is pretty filled up, with couples, and groups, talking everywhere. Annoying. Yet here I am waiting for the pathetic girl. I notice a few girls, glancing my way and giggling, they are not at beautiful as my ice queen so I ignore them. Fifteen Minutes. THIS GIRL BETTER NOT DITCH ME OR ELSE! I Bang my head on the table, I sense some stares which i ignore. Ding Dong, the door bell chimes.

"Sorry I'm late." So she arrived. "Finally" I mumbled with my head still down. I hear a stool shuffling on front of mine.

"Ok, so what do we start with?" she whispered back. I sat up and for once I look at her.

"What the hell happened to you?" I tell her rather softly, and I know there is a look of shock in my face. She looks at me, her round face and almond shape eyes, looking surprised.

"What do you mean?" She says looking down to her hands. Her face was covered in a bit of dried blood, there was a small cut in her left cheek. Her bottom lip looking slighly swollen. her black sweater is stained with dirt and is ragged over her left arm. With a sigh I, closed the conversation,

"Forget it, I guess you are going for a hobbo look. Looks good on you." I say in a evil manner and just look down at the books she brought. I picked up one, and no response from her. I glance up at her, and finally looking hard on her i notice some dry tear marks. Her eyes are covered by her dark brown bangs, her hair sticking in all direction, falling from herpony tail.

"Yeah, I was." She whispered back. Ok, this girl has major issues but whatever it is not my problem. I need to get information for my Ice Queen."How about we do research on how memory differs from females to males?" she questions taking the book I took out of my hands. They were all scratched up. I inhale sharply. Just what in the world was this girl doing?

"Sounds good."

* * *

"Ok we can stop here." I say with a yawn, and took a big gulp of my Monster. "Sure. Just remember find at least 3 random guys and do the test while I do three girls." She said putting her stuff away.

"How about we start with 2 people each, i get a girl and boy and you do the same." I ask. I really dont want to get involved with more people than i already have to.

"Ok. Record everything and send it to me. When do we meet again?"

"Eh. I have practice so le ts meet next saturday at the same time... but this time, dont be late." I glare at her.

"Ok. Bye." She said turning, and walking away. I look at her and notice her black slacks

dirtied just a bit. I guess she fell or something. She is always clumsy anyways. i look at my watch 7:45pm. Ugh. Too much time with this freaking shamoo. I got no information what so ever about my Ice Queen's pray, but i know i will next time. Everytime I would bring up that jerk, she would tense and just ignore and would answer with a question for our project. How annoying. I grab my backpack from the floor, and walk towards my car, a black Altima, I love my car. It was my Dad's before he got put into jail. Dad. I miss him.

I get into my car and throw my things to the backseat, and start the engine. I drive a few blocks and see litle shamoo, walking. Why is she walking? She suddenly falls and holds her left arm. She quickly stands up and keeps walking.Trying to ignore it, i drive past her.Two blocks down, i feel guilt in the pit of my stomach.