Chapter 8

Thalia Summers

            It has been a month since the accident and to say that Daemon and I were buddies, was a bit of understatement. After I hugged him, he pushed me away, a bit too roughly causing me to hit my bruised elbow on the table behind me, making Jay angry and attacking Daemon. We got kicked out of the hospital and Daemon had new stitches, courtesy of my beloved Jay. If  I didn’t know any better I would have bet my life that Jay was a bit jealous of the hug I gave Daemon, but he kept denying saying that Daemon didn’t deserve any special treatment from me. Alas, here we are back in my little town, watching my beloved friends fight for the last cookie in my bag. Entertaining I tell you. I will admit I feel a bit sad, I had thought I had made progress with Daemon, but he kept his word, once we returned to school, the bullying began, again. It was small pranks now though like putting ink on my milk, or gluing my butt to my desk in history class, so elementary I know, but hey, at least the name calling has stopped. I thought Daemon and I could become friends but I guess I was wrong. Theo had just managed to take my last cookie from Jacob, and that is when I decided to do something evil. I took the cookie and stuffed it into my mouth, while running like a maniac back to the school cafeteria. The bell rang meaning I had won the war for the cookie, I looked back and saw the guys still talking so I went ahead to my locker.

            The closer I got to my locker, the more crowded it became, I had to go through people, saying shy, excuse me’s. Once I got to my locker I wish the sea of students could take me back. My locker was open, everything on the floor, and bright pink words written all over my locker”LEAVE FAT WHALE! GO AWAY YOU HUGE SHAMU! YOU BIG FAT SLUT! MAMMOTH!”. There was also a stuffed shamu hanging by the neck and its stuffing falling.

            I fell to my knees, trying to pick up my stuff, while not letting the whispers, nor the mean awful words get to me. Worse of it all, I heard some snickering and a few comments agreeing on the message.

            “WHO DID THIS!’’ A deep velvety voice said. I had never heard this voice in this tone. Jacob screamed and pulled me into his arms.

            “WHO THE F*** DID THIS S***!” Jay’s strong voice echoed as well.

            “Get out of the way! Go to class!!” The assistant principle ordered around to everyone except to Jacob, Jason, and me. Theo and Daniel gave me apologetic looks and clenched their fists as they nodded to Jay. They were going to be the eyes and ears for him and Jacob.

            “Miss Summers, I need to know who might possibly have done this. Has anyone bullied you before??” The assistant principle asked. I hesitated. I didn’t want to blame the one person who has bullied me my whole life, but I was not so sure of his innocence but something told me it wasn’t him.

            “I don’t have a clue. I don’t know who would do something like this to me.” I tried to state firmly.

            “Well, your friends like to think otherwise. Has Daemon Christone, done any damage to you?” He said staring at me straight in the eye, causing me to flinch. I don’t know why but I had to protect him, I knew he would not have done something like this to me.

            “No.” I stated firmly and sure of myself.

            “Very well. You will be excused for today from school. We will handle this mess.” He said giving me a small comforting smile.

            “Thank you.” I nodded and with that I left.

Daemon Christone