Chapter 1

I hope you all like this new story. It is not much but I decided to write it anyway. P.S I don't really have a clue for a story line so feel free to PM me any idea's that may pop into that brain of yours. Also sorry if you don't have a brain i didnt mean to make it offensive. :D have fun reading while you can Mwahahahahahahaha....

Chapter 1-

There was a yell not far away. It never happens often, no one ever swims around these parts of the sea. It’s too dangerous. Everyone’s convinced that there are monsters and evil creatures here.

There’re right about the creature’s part but completely wrong about the evil and monsters. We’re called mermaids and mermen and it just so happens that we are practically human, only we have a tail instead of legs.

There’s another yell. I don’t care if my father tells me off later, I have to help them. I can’t just let him drown or get captured by one of us. Just like humans we still have people that go against the rules; they eat humans just to scare them.

“Maddie, you stay here and don’t move okay? I’ll be right back.” I quickly swim towards the yelling boy without waiting for an answer from Maddie, my 4 year old sister.

He thrashes around in the water. “Help,” He yells.

I pick up speed and swim with the waves of the water. I shouldn’t let him see me but I don’t think I have a choice.

Once I reach him I grab him around the waist and hold his head above the water as he coughs up water from his lungs.

“Are you okay?” I ask quietly.

He coughs a few more times. “Yeah, thanks.” He says weakly.

I carry him on my back to the edge of the water and rest his head on the sand. He blinks a couple times more before he finally takes in my form. He releases a surprised yelp but apart from that he doesn’t do anything. Then he faints.

I push him further up on the sand before wiggling back into the water and swimming back to Maddie but what I see makes me swim faster than I’ve ever swam before. She’s stuck in fishing net and I need to help her, before it’s too late. She can’t get caught by the fishermen.

The net starts advancing towards the top of the sea. “Help me Mason.” Maddie calls out. I grab he hand and swim in the opposite way, intending to pull her out but instead I get stuck in the net as well. I can’t cut us out, I have no knife. I can’t call for help; one of the bad mer people could kill us.

So instead I think of a plan to try and free us once on land but I know nothing can help us now. It’s only a matter of time before they dissect us to see how we work. Although there might be a chance that where ever they take us, they talk English and will ask us questions instead. No matter how nice they are though there is no chance I’ll tell them where the sunken city is.

We reach the surface of the water but as soon as the air’s on my body I black out and the last thing I remember is the shocked faces of the fishermen on the boat.