Thank you

~Olives Pov~

After the movie, it got dark. Niki drove me home. "Thank you for today. I really enjoyed it."

"All good, I enjoyed it too." The car was warm and the stars sparkled in the night sky above us. We both started to lean in the moment, almost in slow motion, before I connected our lips in a small but passionate kiss.

Sweater Weather came on the radio, adding to the atmosphere. I will always remember the taste of her lips. It was almost like watermelon.

The kiss lasted only a few seconds, but it felt like forever.

We both pull away silently. "Thanks," I say, winking and hopping out of the car before walking towards my house.

My high was quickly brought down by Cade sitting on the couch with a liquor bottle in his hand, almost empty. I had never known anyone who could drink as much as Cade without throwing up.

"Out," I say as I walk past him and up the stairs, before entering my room and barricading the door with my dresser. "I need to get a lock," I think to myself as I strip and change into plaid pyjama pants and a cropped tank top.

The banging came from on my door, "Come on open the door." I ignored him and put my headphones in, listening to Soft Core by the neighborhood, turning it up all the way to drown out the banging on my door.

After about half an hour of me lying on my floor listening to my playlist, I took out my headphones and cade was finally gone. So I could get back to my previous thoughts of what the actual fuck just happened.

I was thinking about what happened at the moment, replaying in my head the feel of her lips on mine. A smile crept onto my face.

I went into my bathroom to brush my teeth. That was a rare thing for me to do. After my long days and trying to get around cade and school, I would just collapse on my bed and sleep.

That night I was actually happy, and I decided that I wouldn't skip school tomorrow.

The thing you have to know about me and school is that well, all the teachers just hated me. I don't know why. I think it was a mix of me never being there and I just always acting up in class.

Not only did all the teachers hate me, but practically all the girls did as well. I think it was because all of their boyfriends were into me. Every boy at that school (except the gay ones) was after me. They all thought I was hot. I found this a compliment to have every boy chasing after you.

The morning was simple I put on my outfit of a plain black mini skirt, a corset top, and a jacket for warmth.

I arrived at school at 9:20, around 30 minutes late for my first class. I walked in and all eyes were on me. "Ah, nice of you to join us," the English teacher said, clearly pissed off. I mumbled in return and headed over to my normal seat at the far left of the classroom. He went back to teaching and I unfocused, staring at the wall till I was pulled from my trance by a familiar voice. "Hey!" I looked in front of me to see where the voice was coming from.

It was Matheo, an annoying kid in my class who's been after me since grade 4 and doesn't take no for an answer, and it's getting a little annoying.

"What?" I said in a pissed off tone, "You should come to my place this weekend. I'm having a party." He said, winking at me, waiting for a reply, "Hmm, I'll have to check my schedule," I said sarcastically.

"Matheo, can you repeat what I just said to the class please?" the teacher said, stopping. The whole class turned around to face him. "um" "exactly now stop talking to Olive and pay attention" and he did.

I went to my next class through the hall. I had math next. which I hated, but it was with Niki, so I didn't care.