the party

~Olives POV~

Before I left the house, I put on blue ripped baggy jeans and a small lace crop top.

Once I arrived, all I could hear was the loud music that filled the house full of people swarming around drinking and dancing.

I walked into what I thought was the kitchen. All of the benches were covered in drinks and red solo cups. I grabbed a beer and walked around looking for anyone I knew, hoping that I wouldn't run into Ben too soon.

I sculled part of my drink before feeling a hand on my waist. It was strong and the person's grip didn't loosen when I tried to pull away.

I was in the middle of the room with people dancing all around me, but you could tell they were trying to keep their distance from the figure behind me.

"Nice of you to join us," the voice whispered in my ear.

Matheos thick accent echoed through my head, his breath hot on my ear. I spun around, finally facing the tall man behind me.

"I wouldn't dream of missing it," I replied, slyly swaying to the beat of the music slightly.

"Why don't we get you something stronger?" he said, pulling the drink out of my hand, walking away and returning with a shot glass full of some liquid.

I pulled the small cup full of a brown liquid up to my face, taking the shit, then making eye contact with Matheo as I swallowed the fiery liquid. It burnt all the way down my throat, but my expression never changed.

I identified the liquid as whiskey. which I have had a lot of over the years.

He seemed surprised as I didn't flinch, unlike the other girls he was used to.

I saw Niki walk in on the other side of the room, so before he could say anything else, I winked and walked away, lightly banging into his figure as I walked past.

"Niki, you came," I said, walking up to her, pulling her into a hug. "I never turn down the chance to get drunk," she said, walking away, walking into the kitchen like she owned the place.

"Shots?" She questioned pulling two of the glasses on the table closer to herself, pushing one over to me.

At the same time we took the shot, she winced slightly. This shot was different. It was vodka this time.

I took another cup from the table full of some mystery liquid because at the time I didn't give a shit what happened.

"Let's go sit down," she yelled at me over the loud voices and music.

We made it to a couch in a side room. It was filled with a small number of people, mostly couples making out.

I looked at Niki, raising an eyebrow. She laughed, pulling me closer to her.