~1~ Best/Worst Decision

My mom slid the dish towel back onto the handle of the oven before turning to me. 

"I just don't think it's a great idea." She sighs as she gently rests her hands on the kitchen island.

"I know mom, but I want to do this." I plead to her. She looks at me hesitantly before finding something else in the kitchen to distract her.

"Is this really how you'd like to spend your summer? And don't forget that you're still going to be babysitting Maisey Day." How could I forget that I'm going to be babysitting one of the hottest TikToker's sisters?

"Mom, I know you're worried about me ending up like Samuel, but I'm fine. He's the reason why I want to become a lifeguard, and I already talked to the manager and she said we could work this around my schedule of babysitting and working at the coffee shop."  

Samuel is my brother who passed away by drowning in the ocean. He and I were very young. I was 7 when he drowned; he was 5. Ever since the incident, we never went near the ocean again.

"I know. I'm sorry that I'm holding you back. I don't want you to be doing too much at once, that's all. But, I can't stop you so have fun and please be safe."

She comes over to the barstool I'm sitting at and she kisses me on the cheek before leaving the kitchen, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

'Am I going to be overworking myself?' I think to myself.

Little did I know that this would be the best and worst decision of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know if there are any typos!

I think I forgot to say this in the entry, but I'm gonna do a question per chapter cuz I can and I feel like it.

Thanks!

~Lia 

Question of the chapter: Favorite show?