•𝟎𝟐

•𝐊𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈•

"Oh my god Lani!"Belly jumps and hugs me.
"Belly!"

"Where the hell have you been?!"she says staying in the hug.We let go and I get a look at her."Belly!"I say in a gasp."You look fucking amazing!"I exclaimed.
"Thank you!"she replied.

"Avery this is Belly."I introduce.
"She my friend from my writing internship."they look at each other and smile.
"Nice to meet you!"Avery gives Belly a small hug.
"You too!"Belly says with a smile.We all walk up to the sand and we making our way to me and Avery's stuff.

"You have to come see everyone,they will be so excited!"Belly suggested.
"Of course I'll come let me just go change and me and Avery will come over."I agree.
"Yay!"Belly starts to run towards her towel and heads back as well as me and Avery.

I run upstairs and put on green shorts with a Casablanca t-shirt and a pair of black square sunglasses with a claw clip in my hair.

                                        𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐎

"So maybe you can rekindle things with Jeremiah."Avery winks at me as me walk over to there house and I knock on the door.

"Avery he probably looks completely different like Belly I don't think there's gonna be any-"I stop looking at the tan boy in front of me.He had sandy ombré hair with ocean blue eyes.He only had shorts on and I look down and see his abs."Lani!"the boy hugs me.There's no way.

"Jere!"I say with surprise."The one and only."he replies with a wink.I stand there in disbelief until a very familiar face shows up behind him.
"Connie!"I rush to give him a hug.Conrad was like a brother to me.I could talk to him about everything.He never judged me and I always felt safe and comfortable around him.

"So you just abandoned me."he sarcastically says when he released our hug and smiles.
"I'll tell you all about it later but I have to see-"someone picks me up from behind and I knew exactly who it was."Steven holy shit!"I yell.Steven is my best friend in the world.He's really the only one I can trust with secrets so it's easy to talk to him.

"Now where the hell have you been?"He questions.
"I had gotten chosen for a writing internship."I smile looking at Avery."Congratulations!"They all exclaim at the same time."I knew I couldn't give it up so I spent my summer there."I go back over to the door.
"That's where I met Avery."I smile intertwining our arms.They all greet Avery as we walk to the backyard.We all catch up as Avery gets to know everyone.We all talk and have a good time then hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get it."Conrad says as he gets up and walks away from the group."So Lani you single?"Jeremiah questions."Yes actually."I reply.It looked like he was going to say something else until the door opens and I see Susannah and Laurel."Now Kalani,you look absolutely stunning."Susannah greets me as we hug."How's my writer ?"Laurel remarked as I go to greet her.

"How your internship going?"Laurel ask."Im really enjoying it so far."I answer with a smile."Where are your parents?"Susannah wonders."They had a business trip to go on this summer so they are letting me stay here."I respond."They knew you guys would watch over me."I say making them smile.

I introduce Avery and they start to talk.I walk back over to the backyard and sit back down in my seat and get on my phone.Jeremiah and Belly were talking while Conrad went somewhere else.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom."I remark as I get up."Ok."they both respond.I walk upstairs to the bathroom and  look myself in the mirror.I didn't know what I was feeling really.When I saw Jeremiah something clicked. It wasn't the way I had felt before it was different.

I haven't been talking to him that much because I don't know what to say to him.I clear my mind and open the door and bump into someone's body."Oh sorry."I say looking up to see its Jeremiah.

"It's fine."he says sliding pass me and traces his hands along my waist making my jump a little."Lani?"he says my name as I turn around and look back at him.

"I was wondering if you want to go and get breakfast,you know like we used to?"he ask in a nervous tone which I had found surprising.On the second day of summer,me and Jeremiah would wake up super early and get breakfast together and go on a bike ride to the beach and watch the sun rise.It was something we could do that was only ours.

"Of course."I respond with a blushed smile.
"Ok,I'll pick you up at 5."he smirked back and shut the door.I smile and walk back downstairs and sit next to Avery."Why so red Smike?"Avery mumbled.
"I'll tell you later."I answer.

-

Word count📄:855

~

a/n:These first two chapters were more of a prologue,so in this next chapter it will be more of the beginning of the story.Hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!!