•𝟏𝟐

•𝐊𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈•

Avery walks out of her room with two braids in her hair matching mine,our team shirts,and black shorts.

"Thank you for stepping in."I say.Me and Jeremiah were supposed to be a team for the tournament,but since yesterday Avery asked me if she wanted to take his place.

"Of course,I know you don't wanna see him today."she replies."Well his mom is running it so he's probably going to be there."I smile sarcastically.
She rolls her eyes making me laugh.

"It's fine really,it's his fault he's gonna have to talk to me first,and I'm definitely not going to try to talk to him."I ramble as her nodding in response filling up her water bottle.

I grab my bag as well does Avery.Avery opening the door Jeremiah stands right in front of it."No,you don't get to cheat on her twice,and then try to buy her back.That's not how it works.You need to understand-"I stop her telling her it's not worth it, going to the car.

Driving away I see him with a gift basket in his hand.I forget about it and start to focus on the game.
                                              ~
Putting on more sunscreen I see Steven talking with Taylor.When she sees me she runs over with two drinks in her hand.

"Okay not to meddle,but what's going on?"I turn my head confused."Huh?"I mumble confused."We have barley talked since the summer started,we
used to be best friends,what's gotten into you?"she rambles.

Me and Taylor have been best friends for about 4 years.She get closer with Belly since they live closer and all the shit that's happened this summer I thought that if she's getting closer with Belly...I just don't want to ruin that.

Sue starts to announce and explain the rules of the tournament before I can even talk."I'll explain later,do you want to come to Nicole's yacht after the tournament,or come by later we'll talk then."I say with her nodding rushing off the Belly.

Me and Avery were up first against some old men.Easy win for us.Later on in the middle of a game,Avery falls down.

"Avery are you okay?"I ask loudly.

"I think I twisted it or something."she says getting up with my help.

"Can you sub please?"looking straight at Jeremiah.

I sigh looking around.Conrad wasn't in anywhere in sight so I sigh looking at him,being the only option.

"This is your one chance."I hear Avery mumble.
Jeremiah nods at her.I lightly smile at Avery's gesture.

Avery takes off the team shirt of Jeremiah can put it on.He takes off his shirt.

No shirt.

I snap out of my gaze when he walks over to me.
"Where do you want me?"he ask softly."Go deep,I'll get short when you go for second hit."I explain when he nods.

Winning the first game we run up to each other to hug util I pause shaking his hand instead.

The second game was against Steven and Shayla. Steven I know was good,and seeing Shayla I was a little worried.

Serving first,we get a ace 6 times in a row."Your serve us lethal."Jere complements.Nodding in response,they finally hit it over with me quickly diving into the sand face first not playing attention.

Jere hits it over rushing to me quickly after the ref calls a timeout.He lifts my face up and his face went pale.Everyone gasp and Steven rushes to me.

"On my god Lani!"Steven yells when I look down seeing patches of sand having deep red blood on them.

The medic rushes over looking at my face.
I touch my face and feel a deep skid mark slashing my cheek.

I walk out and everyone claps when Belly and Taylor take our place.The medic puts a alcohol swap on my face.

Stinging Jeremiah holds my hand for me to squeeze it.Putting neosporin aid on my face.I hear Belly and Taylor cheer hugging.The medic puts a bandaid on my face I rush back into the sand thanking her when Jere grabs my hand.

"No way,you just got hurt."he tries to stop me.

"I have to win."I sigh dragging him to our sod of the net.

"Lani-"I cut him off."I'm fine."I stretch out the 'fine'.
He shakes his head,and I nod in response.He looks over at Belly and I do the same.

Her serving it over I hit it for Jere to set and I spike it over and Taylor dives head up missing the ball.

I smirk at Jere proving that I'm fine and he laughs surrendering.Jere serving over it,the ball goes back and forth until Jere misses there spike.

The game goes on until we tie,neck and neck.
It was my turn to serve.Spinning the ball in my hand I toss it up and smack it to where it hits the back corner.

I cheer in excitement high-fiving Jeremiah.He picks me up to hug me.My cheeks turn a light pink once he puts me down.

He smiles relieved at my reaction when Susan hands me the trophy."Congratulations,you guys were amazing."Sue says.

"Did you ask her yet?"she ask Jere.I look at him dumbfounded.

"Ask me what?"I wonder.

"If you would-"she gets cut off by Jeremiah coughing and she raises her eyebrows.

"Oh okay,it's nothing sweetie."she rubs my shoulder.

I turn to Jeremiah who was already looking at me.
"Ask me what?"I ask."Can you come by later on?"he replied ask me the question.

"I'm going to hang out with Nicole,but we can meet there maybe?"I say still mad but willing to hear him out.

"Sure,that works."he mumbled.

"It's at the docks by the way."I yell walking towards Avery.

-

Word count📄:1,015

~

a/n:Comment some ideas that you guys would want in the book.

-This book is all over the place😭

-Hope you enjoyed!!