•𝟎𝟔

•𝐉𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐇•

Lani and I have been talking over this past week and we really haven't decided how we are going to tell everyone.You probably wondering,why is it such a big deal?Our families have known each other for over 10 years while no romantic relationships between the two of them have ever happened.

We just don't know how they will react and not make any rational decisions not knowing how this could plan out.

Me and Steven are working at the country club today so Lani is going to come around 3 so we can hang out before her parents come next week.

I was getting towels and I hear someone calling my voice."Jeremiah!" a girl says walking up in heels as I recognized her as Belly."Oh wow Belly,I didn't even recognize you."I say as she smiles with a small laugh.
"Be honest do I look stupid."she ask patting her hands on the sides of her legs.I laugh just by looking at her hat."No no,look look great."I reply.I really wasn't lying,she looked amazing.She always had but this summer it was just something different,she's changed."Let me walk you over."I say wrapping my arm around hers walking to into the main building.

                                                                                 •𝐊𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈•
I park in front of the country club as go near the pool area where I see Steven at the snack bar."Lani what are you doing here?"he ask giving he a hug over the bar as I sit down.

"I'm just waiting for Jere we're supposed to go to the beach."I say smiling."Yea I've been meaning to ask,what's going on with you two?"he ask handing me a cherry slushy.I blush at the thought of me and Jere while I side eye Steven .

"Oh so it's definitely something."he says raising his eyebrows."Ok so if I tell you,you can't tell anyone.Promise?"I say."Since when do I tell anyone anything you tell me?"he replies with a laugh.

"Basically ever since I've came back and and him have had some kind of spark and it wasn't ignorable."I ramble."Long story short on the day we were hanging out we and him kissed."I say with Stevens eyes looking like they would pop out of his face.He awed in excitement making kissing sounds making me laugh.

"Oh shut up."I say as he laughs but stops."So when are you telling everyone?"he ask."We don't really want to."I say while Stevens gives me a 'there's something else' look.

"Well he wants to tell everyone."I say."There it is."Steven replies."Why don't you?"he questions."If anything ever happens stuff could go to shit real fast."I remark."Our families have been friends since we were 7.I just don't want relationship drama to ruin that."I say slurping my slushy.

"Who gives a shit if something happens?Couples fight,it's normal."he comforts."Ok stop talking to me,I saw Jere go inside."Steven stated as I get out money."It's on me."he stops me."Thanks,I'll see you later."I say still putting the money on the bar table.

I walk over to the main building where I knew Belly would be since she was going to be a deb this year.I was surprised when she told me she actually wanted to do it.I walk up the steps looking for Jere and see him and Belly in front of the door.

"This is Bell- Isabel Conklin.The one I told you about,my future wife."Jere stated not knowing I was behind him.Belly elbows him and turns around and notices me and waves.

I wave back with light tears in my eyes when Jeremiah turns and faces me."Shit."Jeremiah says under his breath."You will be at table two."the lady points for Belly."Bring 'em hell."Jere says to Belly walking out.I start to walk the opposite way as he grabs my arm stopping me.