𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎

𝐇☘︎︎𝐋𝐎 #𝟎|𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙱𝙰𝙻𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴, 𝙼𝙰𝚈

𝙱𝙰𝙻𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴, 𝙼𝙰𝚈. 𝟷𝟽𝚃𝙷
▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃

"I can see Amazi progressing in the long run. She's trying she's just shy and has to want to open up a bit more." Her speech therapist spoke. "Maybe try helping her practice with small words at home?"

Amazi looked down at her small hands, fiddling with the three charmed Pandora bracelet on her wrist as she continued listening to her mother and therapist's conversation.

"So has she improved any at all? Not even a little bit?" Amia, her mother, questioned looking over at her 5 year old daughter.

"Honestly, no not really since she doesn't let me try and help her." Her therapist replied honestly."Maybe I can try again while you're here."

Amia sighed looking over at Amazi. She reached over, grabbing the girls small hand and intertwining it with her own before lifting it up and placing a small kiss on it.

"You know I love you, breezy." Amia slightly perked her head up and Amazi shyly nodded.

"I need you to try for mommy so we can make some progress then okay? I'm happy if you try baby, it doesn't have to be perfect. As long as you try." She assured her, a small smile placed on her lips.

Amia ran her hand through Amazi's long thick hair as she watched her rub her ear, something she did when she was nervous.

She knew how shy her daughter was and at most times she didn't necessarily mind. However right now, she wanted to help her daughter improve and opening up more was the first step in doing such.

"Amazi?" Her therapist called out to her and she lifted her head up, looking past her so it would look like she was looking at her.

"Could you try to say first for me sweetie?" The woman asked leaning down alittle to her level.

Amazi shook her head no before turning around, laying her head on her mom's shirt.

She hated the way she talked. It sounded funny to her and made her feel...annoying which was what the kids at her school always told her.

"Please breezy? Can you try for mommy." Amia whispered in her ear softly stroking her hair.

"Not want too mom." Amazi's shakened voice answered. Her "too" sounded more like "thu" which made Amia frown.

"She wants to help bug, please?"

Amazi poked out her bottom lip, turning back around to face the older woman. She made eye contact with her and opened her mouth to speak although nothing came out.

"Just say first sweetie. I promise it's gonna be okay." The woman smiled.

"Thirst?" She said lowly in a question tone. Both Amia and the woman smiled at the fact that she had atleast tried. It was progress and the two were slowly getting some type of hope.