008‚ he's fucking with us

THE KILLER
008 he's fucking with us
written by -ORSON

THE KILLER008 ┊he's fucking with uswritten by -ORSON

Rapid and harsh knocks sounded at my door and I jumped

"Maria? Are you okay?" I pushed my eyebrows together and glanced around noticing that I was slouching against my bathroom door.

"Barry?" I opened the door to be met with the soft and worried eyes of the person I loved. "Oh, my God, Barry." I wrapped my arms around his torso and start sobbing. "I was so scared."

"What happened? Why was your front door opened? I started worrying when you didn't pick up your phone." He pulled me away from him, placing a hand on my cheek. "Barry, you don't understand. Someone was in my house last night. I was terrified. I must have passed out or something. I just kept thinking about how I was going to die."

Barry turned me around and backed us up until the back of my knees met my bed. I sat down and Barry came down next to me, holding my hand in his. "What do you mean?"

I removed my hand from Barry's, "Someone was in my house, Barry. I don't know how to explain it but someone was definitely in my house. One minute I was alone and then the next these large footsteps were walking down the hallway and trying to get in my room." I balled up my hands to stop them from shaking.

Barry sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Someone is fucking with us. Like I said. They want us to know that they're out there." Barry stands and placed his hands on his hips. "You're not staying here."

I stand up in front of him, my legs a little weak. "What do you mean 'I'm not staying here'? I have to. What about my mom?" I nodded my head to my door.

"Trust me. You're not staying here. Okay, this person," He gritted the word out in anger. "It's fucking with us, not our parents, okay? They know where you live. You must be insane if you think I'm going to leave you here."

"Barry, I—" I was interrupted by the ring of my phone beside my bed. I looked at Barry then at the phone. "Hold on."

Picking up the phone, I turned my back to Barry and asked, "Hello?"