Distance - Part 2

She had been walking for more than a minute now. The way was mostly dark with a few dimlight bulbs at a distance.
A signboard with EXIT written above a black door flashed before her eyes.

She opened that door and immediately shut her eyes with the bombardment of sudden light. When she finally adjusted to the brightness, she looked around.
It was not the Exit. It wasn't outside the house.
It was a well set-up Secret Room.

Realisation dawned upon her and she fell on the floor, breathing heavily. She cried a little to let out everything that she felt a few minutes back. All the emotions that she kept pent up within her.

After she got a hold of herself, her eyes fell on the file kept on the bed with headphones near it.

Yep. It's happening. That was the confirmation of her secret stay.

She roamed around, thanked Biggboss for this opportunity and after making herself comfortable on the bed she finally turned that TV on.

Karan was in the 1 BHK. Weeping on Nishant's shoulder, with Umar patting his back.
"Ab bada Nishant yaad aa raha hai huh.. Subah tak isi ke vajah se lad raha tha mujhse!" - she said cribbing and crying in her baby voice.

He suddenly got up and went to the washroom area. After throwing the mic on the couch there, Karan went inside the cubicle with puffy eyes. The camera followed his trail and stood fixated at the door. Very low volume sounds of his crying came from inside.
She shut her eyes and weeped herself too, seeing him like that.

And then all of a sudden a sharp thud rung in Tejasswi's headphones. She looked up with shock. Karan was punching the wall inside.

She moved ahead closer to the screen. She panicked. But she was helpless.
The thudding continued and Teja immediately asked Biggboss for his help.

Lucky for her Nishant arrived in the washroom and heard his punches. He asked Karan to calm down and come out.
The bathroom door clicked open and Nishant went in.

Teja sighed a relief. But she still couldn't hear or see what was going on inside.
After about a few minutes Nishant came outside and took a tissue paper roll and some cotton back inside.
Realisation hit her. He was bleeding.
He was frickin bleeding.
She took her headphones off and covered her face with her palm.

Both the men came out after sometime and Nishant started washing Karan's hands. Umar entered the area, saw his hands and understood what he did.
"Saale tu pagal vagal ho gaya hai kya?"

Umar started doing his dressing and one by one people started entering the changing area. Rashami came to Karan and said "Karan sometimes we can't control things. She had to go this way what to do. You can't do this. It's a game at the end of the day"

Shamita chimed in "And vaise bhi she had a choice in the decision too Karan. But she chose to go. Agar vo chahti toh ruk sakti thi.."

Rakhi - "Haan bhaiyaaaa chahti toh ruk sakti thi. Prize money ka upar neeche hona koi badi baat thode hi hai? Last season jab mai aayi thi.. Hamein bhi offer hua tha.. Aur maine le liye the 14 lakh. Ab winner kaun hoga vo hamein pata thodi hai bhaiyaaa. Lekin agar game mein nahi hi rahoge toh winner kaise banoge batao?? Mujhe toh lagta hai vo rehna hi nahi chahti thi.."

Devoleena came to Rakhi and tried to shush her down.

Rakhi - "Arrey mai kuch galat thode hi na bol rahi hu Devo.. Vo chahti toh ruk sakti thi na.."

Karan's dressing was done and he left the washroom area without talking to anyone. He laid on Tejasswi's bed and covered himself fully with a blanket.

"Sahi kaha sabne. Tod diya tune use Karan. Use rukna hi nahi tha.. Kiske liye rukti vo? She was right. She was alone in this house! And you proved it to her today. What a brilliant game Karan Kundrra! Congratulations.. What a freaking amazing game! Game khelna tha na tujhe.. Jaa. Khel ab.
Game toh jeet li Karan.. But use kho diya aaj tune. Congratulations! Congratulations on losing the love of your life.. For a game. For a game Karan. Congrats."